Police releases sketch of Assam blasts suspectNovember 4th, 2008 - 4:41 pm ICT by ANI
Guwahati, Nov 4 (ANI): The Assam Police today released the sketch of a suspect involved in Thursday’’s serial blasts that killed over 80 people and left over 300 injured.
According to police, the sketch tallied 77 per cent with the person suspected to be responsible for the explosion at the Deputy Commissioner’’s office compound in Kamrup where the Chief Judicial Magistrate’’s court is also located.
The sketch was prepared on the basis of inputs from five witnesses in the CJM Court who saw the person suspiciously moving around the compound.
Special artists from Kolkata were called to prepare the sketch with the help of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of the Assam police.
Five more sketches of other suspects are being prepared which will be released soon, the sources said.
Twelve high intensity serial blasts rocked Guwahati and some other cities of Assam.
The first explosions took place near the Ganeshguri flyover near the high-security capital complex housing the Assembly building, followed by explosions at Paltan Bazar and Fancy Bazar in Guwahati.
Around the same time, bombs also went off in crowded market places of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Barpeta in lower Assam.
Indian Mujahideen, a frontal organisation of HUJI and Lashkar - e Toiba - has claimed responsibility for Assam serial blasts. It made the claim in an SMS sent to a local TV channel. (ANI)
- Manmohan Singh to visit blast affected areas of Assam - Nov 01, 2008
- Guwahati students rally against serial blasts - Nov 12, 2008
- Shivraj Patil visits blast- affected areas in Assam - Oct 31, 2008
- Manmohan Singh to visit Assam today - Nov 01, 2008
- Shivraj Patil assures help to Assam government to punish perpetrators of blasts - Nov 01, 2008
- PM, Sonia visit Assam blast victims - Nov 01, 2008
- Shivraj Patil to visit Assam today - Oct 31, 2008
- Assam blast: VHP calls for 12 hours shutdown today - Nov 01, 2008
- Don't spare Assam's Kasab, say victims of 2008 blasts - Oct 29, 2010
- NDFB chief is Assam's 'Kasab', say angry blast victims - May 02, 2010
- Assam Police leadership collapsed during Oct 30 blasts: Report - Oct 26, 2009
- All religion prayer for Assam blasts victims in Kolkata - Oct 31, 2008
- 11 feared dead, 50 injured in Assam serial blasts - Oct 30, 2008
- Uneasy calm in Assam after serial blasts - Oct 31, 2008
- Assam toll now 19, shoot at sight orders in Kokrajhar (Third Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
Tags: assam police, criminal investigation department, criminal investigation department cid, deputy commissioner, explosion, explosions, flyover, high intensity, high security, huji, judicial magistrate, lashkar e toiba, local tv, security capital, serial blasts, sketch, sketches, sms, time bombs, tv channel