Police complaint filed against ‘Kya Super Kool…’August 8th, 2012 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 8 (IANS) A complaint was Wednesday registered against producer, director and actors of Hindi film “Kya Super Kool Hain Hum” for hurting religious sentiments, police said.
Complainant Joseph Dias said that some scenes and dialogues of the film hurt sentiments of Christians and made a mockery of priests.
“The priest is shown in a poor light and hence the film has made a mockery of the Christian sacrament of marriage and the faith. It is a misrepresentation of priests and the community. The dialogues with double meaning are unprintable,” said Dias, general secretary of the Catholic-Christian Secular Forum.
A first information report (FIR) was registered at Mumbai’s Bandra police station under Sections 295A (deliberate and malicious acts intended to outrage religious feelings) and 34 (acts done by several persons in furtherance of common intention) of the Indian Penal Code, police said.
“A complaint has been registered against the producer, director, writer, actors of the film and others,” said an official from the police station.
The FIR did not mention names of the filmmakers or the actors, he said.
“We are investigating the matter and will make arrests if the actors or the filmmakers are found guilty,” the official said.
“Kya Super Kool Hai Hum” is produced by Ekta Kapoor and directed by Sachin Yardi. A sequel to the 2006 film “Kya Kool Hai Hum”, it has Tusshar Kapoor and Riteish Deshmukh, Sarah Jane Dias and Neha Sharma in lead roles.
- 'Kya Super Kool...' doesn't make fun of K3G: Riteish - Apr 10, 2012
- Legislator objects to Goa depiction in 'Kya Super Kool...' - Aug 01, 2012
- Congress parliamentarian wants ban on 'Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum' - Aug 17, 2012
- Ekta to visit Fatehpur Sikri, pray for 'Kya Super...' success - Jun 30, 2012
- Leading ladies of 'Kya Kool...' sequel finalised - Oct 06, 2011
- Congress demands ban on 'Kya Super Kool Hain Hum' in Goa - Aug 16, 2012
- Spoof not aimed at Bhansali's 'Devdas': Tusshar Kapoor - Jul 23, 2012
- TV no longer the idiot box: Madhur Bhandarkar ( Movie Snippets) - May 06, 2012
- Riteish embarrassed of his act in 'Kya Super...' - Jul 02, 2012
- 'Kya Super Kool...' earns Rs.7.12 crore on opening day - Jul 28, 2012
- 'Dostana' act fetches 'Kyaa Super...' over Rs.20 crore - Jun 21, 2012
- 'Lootera' shaping up as memorable film: Ranveer (Movie Snippets) - Jun 26, 2012
- Riteish and I are two items in 'Kya Super...': Tusshar - Apr 09, 2012
- '...Wasseypur' my first film for masses: Kashyap (Movie Snippets) - May 20, 2012
- Dog is the third hero of "Kya Super..." : Tusshar - Jun 26, 2012
Tags: bandra, christian sacrament, code police, complainant, furtherance, general secretary, indian penal code, information report, malicious acts, misrepresentation, mockery, police complaint, producer director writer, religious feelings, religious sentiments, riteish deshmukh, sachin, sacrament of marriage, sarah jane dias, tusshar kapoor