Plea Deal Likely To Keep Paris Hilton Out Of JailSeptember 20th, 2010 - 7:08 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
September 20, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Paris Hilton’s plea deal is likely to keep her out of jail, say the sources. Hilton has pled guilty to two charges of misdemeanor in connection with her recent drug related arrest. The charges constitute of obstructing an officer of the law as well as possession of 0.8 grams of cocaine.
The socialite was caught by the police at the Wynn Resort last month with her boyfriend Cy Waits. The law enforcement charged Waits with a DUI case while Hilton was accused of having cocaine in her possession. The small amount of the drug had been recovered from her purse which could be seen clearly during the bust.
David Roger, the Clark County Attorney disclosed that Paris would not be charged with a felony as she has negotiated a plea deal with the prosecutors. She is expected to plead guilty to a couple of misdemeanor charges at the Las Vegas Justice Court on Monday for her arrest on the 27th of August.
She will have to stay out of trouble for the entire time of probation though. The chances of her probation being terminated are high if she is found to be guilty of other misdemeanors or felony during the term. Minor traffic offenses which result in citations will, however, be overlooked. She has also been ordered to pay $2,000 as fine and will have to put in 200 hours of community service.
Paris Hilton is no stranger to probation. She had had her brush with law in 2007 when she was let go for good behavior. She then proceeded to violate her probation by 45 days of which 40 were spent wearing a monitoring bracelet.
- Paris Hilton pleads guilty to cocaine possession - Sep 20, 2010
- Paris Hilton And Beau Cy Waits Arrested - Aug 29, 2010
- Hilton's beau fired from nightclub over arrest - Aug 30, 2010
- No special treatment for Hilton, say police - Aug 31, 2010
- Paris Hilton to serve 1yr probation after plea deal in cocaine arrest case - Sep 18, 2010
- Hilton's boyfriend Waits faces four years in jail - Jan 21, 2011
- Paris Hilton to face drug possession charges after Las Vegas cocaine incident - Aug 31, 2010
- Paris Hilton's beau faces criminal charges in Las Vegas - Jan 21, 2011
- Paris Hilton debarred from two Las Vegas resorts - Sep 02, 2010
- David Letterman calls Paris Hilton an 'idiot' on his show - Sep 03, 2010
- Paris Hilton To Plead Guilty - Sep 20, 2010
- Paris Hilton denied entry into Japan after guilty plea in the U.S. - Sep 23, 2010
- Paris Hilton not paying heed to 'ridiculous, cruel' cocaine rumours - Sep 02, 2010
- David Letterman Calls Paris Hilton An "Idiot" In "Late Night With David Letterman" Show - Sep 03, 2010
- Paris Hilton Banned From Nightclubs? - Sep 02, 2010
Tags: clark county, cocaine, county attorney, dui case, felony, good behavior, las vegas justice court, men at work, minor traffic, misdemeanor charges, misdemeanors, paris hilton, paris hilton out of jail, pen men, plea deal, probation, prosecutors, socialite, traffic offenses, wynn resort