Playing Nehru in ‘… Milkha Bhaag’ huge responsibility: Dalip Tahil (Lead, correcting spelling of name)June 21st, 2012 - 5:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 21 (IANS) After playing various character roles in Bollywood masala movies, Dalip Tahil will be seen as Jawaharlal Nehru in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra’s “Bhag Milkha Bhag”. He says the role was a challenge as people have a reference point for that character.
“It’s a big challenge for me. I am very excited that I am playing the role of India’s first prime minister. It’s a very significant character in Milkha’s life. He is motivating, promoting and giving him a platform to lead India in various sports events,” Dalip told IANS.
He said he saw documentary footages and read books on Nehru to prepare for the role.
“We have got the look right. Pandit Nehru is an important character in the history of India, so it was important to play him right. When you have to play a living character or a person who is dead, people have a reference to that character. So, there is an obligation, responsibility to reflect him right,” he added.
The whole experience of working in “Bhaag Milkha Bhaag” has been “fantastic” for Dalip and he said: “Rakeysh is a pleasure to work with. The whole production team has been so professional and painstaking about Nehru’s way of dressing, the tilt of the cap, his makeup and all. I am very impressed.”
A known face in Bollywood as well as television, Dalip played pivotal roles in “Darr”, “Baazigar”, “Ishq” and “Ra.One”.
He follows his gut feeling while selecting a role.
“I don’t have an extremely profound theory for selecting roles. I usually go by my gut feeling. When the story is being narrated to me, the character is being described and I feel I can bring something to the character, I do it. I want to do characters which move the story. I don’t go by anything else.”
- Playing Nehru in '... Milkha Bhaag' huge responsibility: Dilip Tahil - Jun 21, 2012
- Katy wants to raid Priyanka's closet (Movie Snippets) - Apr 05, 2012
- More painful times ahead for Farhan! - Apr 13, 2012
- Farhan Akhtar running for role - Jan 17, 2012
- Ladakh trip makes Farhan nostalgic - Sep 02, 2012
- Farhan best for 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag', says Milkha (Movie Snippets) - Feb 24, 2012
- Rakeysh Mehra teams up with Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy for '...Milkha' - Feb 07, 2012
- I'm stylish, not sexy: Sonam Kapoor - Aug 09, 2012
- Songs are becoming like jingles: Prasoon Joshi (Interview) - Jul 12, 2012
- Want biopic to inspire the youth: Milkha - Feb 21, 2012
- Sonam mum on film with Dhanush (Movie Snippets) - Mar 24, 2012
- Bollywood values costume designing more now: National Award winner - Apr 24, 2012
- Farhan's date with Milkha Singh - Nov 12, 2011
- Farhan takes Punjabi lessons from Gulzar - Oct 24, 2011
- Sonam wary of 'youth style icon' tag - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: baazigar, bhag, bollywood masala movies, character roles, dalip tahil, gut feeling, history of india, ishq, jawaharlal nehru, june 21, makeup, omprakash, pandit nehru, pivotal roles, prime minister, profound theory, rakeysh omprakash mehra, reference point, sports events, tilt