Playing Ledger’s part is an incredibly painful honour: FarrellFebruary 21st, 2008 - 5:40 pm ICT by admin
Melbourne, Feb 21 (ANI): Hollywood actor Colin Farrell has revealed that being a part of late Heath Ledgers last film is an “incredibly painful honour”.
Ledger was completing director Terry Gilliam’s The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus before he accidentally died due to a drug overdose.
Farrell said that it was hard for him to decide whether to be a part of the film or not.
“I will be honoured to be part of that,” Daily Telegraph quoted the actor as saying.
“It makes me feel uncomfortable to think about it too much and to get into it really here but it’s an incredibly painful honour to have, you know, and an honour I wish wasn’t bestowed but an honour none-the-less.
“It’s about getting Heath’s work out there, get his work out there, he’s too good for any of his work not to be seen, you know, and I’m really keen and looking forward to doing it and just doing the best job I can do,” he added.
Meanwhile the Irish actor has also signed on to help promote the special Olympics, a duty he says that enriches his life and one he readily signed on for. (ANI)
- Ledger's relatives can't watch his movies - May 17, 2010
- Heath Ledger’s last role to be played by Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell & Jude Law - Dec 24, 2009
- Lily Cole owes acting career to late Heath Ledger - Sep 02, 2009
- Johnny Depp privileged to replace Heath Ledger in new film - Dec 18, 2009
- Colin Farell signed for 'Fright Night' - May 11, 2010
- Farrell joins in 'painful tribute' to Ledger - Feb 21, 2008
- Heath Ledger inspired Terry Gilliam to complete fantasy film - May 25, 2009
- Heath Ledger's last flick to premier at Cannes - Apr 30, 2009
- Ledger's split from Michelle Williams 'made him snap', says Terry Gilliam - Jul 01, 2009
- Garfield takes inspiration from Ledger for Spider Man role - Nov 26, 2010
- Naomi Watts still too upset to watch ex-beau Ledger's final film - Jun 15, 2010
- Gilliam recalls Ledger's last days on 'The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus' set - Oct 29, 2009
- Terry Gilliam says Heath Ledger enjoyed playing The Joker - Sep 30, 2009
- Ledger's final film "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" gets a buyer - Aug 13, 2009
- Kissing on screen is lovely: Colin Farrell - Sep 05, 2011
Tags: actor colin, colin farrell, daily telegraph, director terry gilliam, drug overdose, heath ledgers, hollywood, hollywood actor, honour, imaginarium, irish actor, job, last film, melbourne, olympics, parnassus, special olympics, terry gilliam