Playing dumb fun for Shivshakti Sachdev (With Image)August 6th, 2012 - 3:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 6 (IANS) Television actress Shivshakti Sachdev plays a beauty without brains in Disney channel’s show “The Suite Life of Karan and Kabir” and says she enjoys the role much more than her other characters.
“Out of all my shows, I enjoy the one on Disney the most. I play this beauty without brains and playing dumb is fun. Everyone is my age and it’s amazing on the set,” Shivshakti, who was seen in a negative role in Zee TV’s “Afsar Bitiya”, told IANS.
The actress had quit “Afsar Bitya” as she was not satisfied the way her role was shaping up in the show, which underwent many twists and turns.
Now, she will re-enter the show.
“Things were not going good. So I left it and now I am back in the show. It’s the story requirement and whatever issues were there have been sorted. The show needs me, so I will come back,” she said.
Shivshakti says it became “a little depressing” when her character featured in hardly one or two scenes per episode or when she would not come on screen for almost four to five episodes.
“It’s not about the lead. It’s about the visibility of my character. I want my fans to see me. I am doing something different. Now that I have rejoined the show, I wish this happens,” she said.
Barely 18, Shivshakti has already tried her hand at three different genres in television.
She played an innocent girl called Bebo in “Sabki Laadli Bebo”, a negative role in “Afsar Bitiya” and is doing comedy in “The Suite Life of Karan and Kabir”.
Now her aim is to do a role similar to what Rani Mukerji in “Black”.
“Bebo was tough for me because I was only 15 that time. I could not relate to the romantic scenes and would often get shocked,” she said talking about her experiences in these different genres.
Because of her age, Shivshakti says she is not taken seriously for films, and added: “When I go for films, they don’t believe that I am 18 and tell me that I look 15 or 16. So this is why I prefer doing television.”
However, Shivshakti, who wants to grow professionally, but doesn’t want to slog, says she wants to avoid reality shows.
“When you do reality shows, you have to go for rehearsals in the night. Right now I can’t shoot all day and go for rehearsals after that. I feel it’s too much for me. I’m only 18 and I want to spend time with friends and family. I want to do something in which I have to work less,” she said.
- Not dating Krystle D'Souza: Karan Tacker (TV Snippets) - Aug 06, 2012
- Amrapali is now part of me: Actor Yash Sinha - Aug 06, 2012
- After acting, its food business for Yash Sinha - Jan 30, 2012
- Kinshuk Mahajan goes 'desi' for 'Afsar Bitiya' - Nov 25, 2011
- Age of typical vamps long gone: TV actress Ridheema Tiwari (With Images) - Aug 11, 2012
- Ashwini Kalsekar turns lady don (With Image) - Jun 27, 2012
- No daily soaps for me: Gaurav Gera (TV Snippets) - Mar 30, 2012
- Debina my lady luck: Gurmeet Chowdhary (TV Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- Don't think my husband and I'll work together: Shruti Seth - Apr 08, 2012
- Which Karan Mehra to Enter Behenein On Star Plus? - Aug 06, 2010
- Very few shows complete 1,000 episodes: Smita on 'Balika Vadhu' - May 13, 2012
- Vandana Gupta not interested in typical 'bahu' roles - Sep 05, 2012
- Star power does help get eyeballs: Karan Mehra - Mar 22, 2012
- Esha Gupta goes de-glam to play cop in 'Chakravyuh' - May 09, 2012
- Raza Murad to play Shah Jahan in 'Veer Shivaji' (TV Snippets) - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: afsar, aim, bebo, brains, comedy, disney channel, dumb fun, experiences, films, genres, innocent girl, kabir, karan, rani mukerji, romantic scenes, sachdev, television actress, twists, visibility, zee tv