Plagiarism charge: John Legend to move courtJuly 22nd, 2011 - 7:09 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 22 (IANS) R&B; star John Legend, who has been accused by songwriter Anthony Stokes of ripping off his demo song, has vehemently denied the allegation and vowed to fight the case in court.
Stokes has filed a suit against the singer alleging he handed him a demo tape after a concert in 2004 and later found similarities with his work in Legend’s 2006 recording, “Maxine’s Interlude”.
However, Legend insists that he would “never steal anyone’s song”.
“This gentleman made an accusation that’s not true and we know it’s not true. I never heard of his song until he sued me. I would never steal anyone’s song. I’ve never, ever done that before. Never even been accused of it before, and we will fight it in court and we will prevail. I’m not worried about it. I know the truth is on my side,” dailystar.co.uk quoted the 32-year-old as saying.
- John Legend accused of stealing song - Jul 08, 2011
- Elton John sued over 'Nikita' - Apr 27, 2012
- Susan Boyle wants to sing duet with Rihanna - Nov 28, 2010
- Cheryl offered 10mn pounds for 'American Idol'? - May 25, 2012
- Bollywood mourns Tiger Pataudi's death - Sep 22, 2011
- Minaj suffers on stage wardrobe malfunction - Jun 24, 2011
- Houston to get posthumous award - May 17, 2012
- Mariah Carey pens song for Obama - Jun 17, 2012
- Mariah Carey's twins to star in mom's video - Nov 23, 2011
- Flamengo threatens to sue Palmeiras - Jun 03, 2012
- Winestone surprised over being tagged 'sexy' - Sep 13, 2012
- Tyler landed 'American Idol' job because of Dioguardi - Apr 28, 2011
- Lohan's prison protest - Jul 10, 2011
- Winehouse's unheard album to be released - Nov 01, 2011
- Paris Hilton to fight contract breach charge - Aug 14, 2010