Piyush Jha’s novel to be turned into movie (With Image)July 17th, 2012 - 5:40 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 17 (IANS) Filmmaker Piyush Jha, whose last film “Sikander” failed to click at the box office, is gearing up to make a movie on his novel “Mumbaistan”, which is about serial killers.
“I have been signed by Rupa Publication to write a series of crime-fiction novels based on the mean streets of Mumbai. My first novel is coming in the first week of August. It is titled ‘Mumbaistan’. The novel is about serial killers and it will be turned into a movie soon,” Jha told IANS.
“Mumbaistan”, as the name suggests, is an expose on the underbelly of Mumbai.
Filmmaker Ekta Kapoor, who would be launching the book, has also shown interest in Jha’s crime thriller.
She has even written the blurb for “Mumbaistan” and Jha said: “Ekta Kapoor is keen about this project and she is interested in it so we might work on it together soon.”
He added: “Based on the success of the novel, the film will go on floors.”
- Crime is the next big space on TV: Ekta Kapoor - Sep 07, 2012
- Piyush Jha's next film a political thriller - May 21, 2011
- My productions are not gender-biased: Ekta Kapoor - Dec 08, 2011
- Bejoy Nambiar teams up with Ekta Kapoor - Jun 07, 2012
- From stadiums to screen, a leap for Bollywood - May 17, 2010
- 'Aalaap' director not scared of 'Kyaa Super Kool...' - Jul 24, 2012
- 'Kick' not postponed: Shirish Kunder (Movie Snippets) - Dec 29, 2011
- Ekta Kapoor, Karan Johar to co-produce film - Dec 28, 2011
- Mahesh Bhatt compares 'Jism 2' to 'Last Tango In Paris' (Movie Snippets) - Jul 06, 2012
- Ekta's Ragini knew little about Delhi's Deepika - May 06, 2011
- My chest has become blouse: Sujoy Ghosh (Movie Snippets) - Jul 16, 2012
- If kissing is a way to remember me, so be it: Emraan Hashmi (Interview) - Sep 06, 2011
- US scriptwriter makes India debut with Bollywood kid books - Dec 06, 2011
- Sanajay Gupta moves on without Sanjay Dutt! - Mar 01, 2012
- Mumbai Continues To Charm The Filmmakers - Jan 18, 2011