Pixar directors win Venice Film Festival’s lifetime achievement awardSeptember 8th, 2009 - 4:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, Sep 8 (ANI): Directors of Pixar Animation Studios in the US have been awarded the Venice Film Festival’s lifetime achievement award, making them the first team to bag the honour.
Pixar has made 10 films, four of which have won best animation Oscars, with chief creative officer John Lasseter, 52, and other directors helming hits like ‘Finding Nemo’ and ‘Toy Story’.
‘Star Wars’ creator George Lucas presented the Venice Golden Lion lifetime achievement award to Lasseter and his team.
Pixar began life as the computer graphics division of his company Lucasfilm, and it later became Pixar after Lucas sold it to Apple founder Steve Jobs for 10million dollars in 1986.
“I think anybody else when they sell a company and the company goes on to be very successful, they would feel like they missed out,” the BBC quoted Lasseter as saying.
“George Lucas is so proud of us and we are so thankful to him - he is a true visionary,” he added.
Pixar’s latest animation ‘Up’, which launched this year’s Cannes Film Festival, is due for UK release on October 9. (ANI)
- Toy Story creator to receive life award - Oct 23, 2009
- Milestones in a tech legend's journey - Oct 06, 2011
- Hollywood misses key tech ally - Oct 08, 2011
- Time ranks 'Devdas' in millennium's top ten - May 21, 2012
- Venice film fest: Hoffman, Yaron win best actor, actress - Sep 09, 2012
- 'Cars 2' drives on a weaker engine (IANS Movie Review) - Jun 26, 2011
- Satyajit Ray retrospective in Dhaka - May 13, 2011
- No more 'princesses' in Disney cartoon films! - Nov 28, 2010
- Venice film fest: Kim Ki-duk's 'Pieta' scoops Golden Lion - Sep 09, 2012
- Animation filmmaker Gitanjali Rao on Cannes' Kodak Award Jury - Apr 30, 2011
- Quentin Tarantino to head this year's Venice film jury - May 07, 2010
- Bollywood stars grace 18th Lions Gold Awards - Jan 12, 2012
- Zee Studio Godfather Saturday's Showcases 'Toy Story' - Oct 18, 2010
- Disney's 50th animated feature 'Tangled' to hit Indian screens Jan 21 - Jan 09, 2011
- U.S. Justice Department settles with Lucasfilm in anticompetitive hiring complaint - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: bbc, best animation, cannes film festival, computer graphics, creative officer, creator george lucas, finding nemo, george lucas, golden lion, honour, john lasseter, lifetime achievement award, lucasfilm, oscars, pixar, pixar animation studios, steve jobs, toy story, venice film festival, visionary