Pitt, Jolie win damages over ‘false’ split reportsJuly 22nd, 2010 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 22 (IANS) Hollywood star couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have Thursday received an undisclosed amount in settlement of their privacy claim against the News of the World.
Pitt and Jolie sued the newspaper in January over a story stating that they would separate and had agreed to custody arrangements. Appearing in London’s High Court, the couple’s lawyer said that the newspaper accepted that the allegations were “false and intrusive”, reports bbc.co.uk.
The article said that Jolie and Pitt had visited a divorce lawyer Sorrell Trope in December 2009 and that the couple had reached an agreement regarding the division of their assets.
However, a statement from Schillings Lawyers noted that Trope had never met the couple.
In court Thursday morning, lawyer Keith Schilling said the News of the World, which argued that it had acted in good faith, had now agreed to publish an apology, said the news website.
It will also pay Pitt and Jolie’s costs and damages, which they intend to donate to their charity, the Jolie-Pitt Foundation.
- Brangelina win privacy damages - Jul 22, 2010
- Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie sue British paper over the split claims - Feb 09, 2010
- Brangelina sue Brit newspaper over divorce allegation - Feb 09, 2010
- Tabloid Sued Over Brangelina Split Reports - Feb 09, 2010
- Brangelina Awarded Damages - Jul 23, 2010
- Brangelina expected to settle privacy claim - Jul 22, 2010
- Brangelina fork out $150k to promote adoption in U.S - Nov 23, 2010
- Brangelina Accept Damages From Tabloid That Claimed Split - Jul 24, 2010
- Brad Pitt hopes that his ex Jennifer Aniston would forget him & move on with her life - Mar 15, 2010
- Angelina Jolie says that Brad Pitt is strict with kids - Mar 05, 2012
- Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie 'not splitting' - Jan 25, 2010
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt donate money to feed children in Somalia - Oct 10, 2011
- Jolie, Pitt not adopting Haitian child - Feb 12, 2011
- Brad Pitt puts his Malibu beach house on the market - Aug 23, 2011
- Shiloh Gets New Haircut In Paris As Mom Angelina Jolie Starts Shooting - Mar 01, 2010
Tags: allegations, angelina jolie, apology, brad pitt, brad pitt and angelina, brad pitt and angelina jolie, custody arrangements, divorce lawyer, good faith, hollywood star, jolie pitt foundation, news of the world, pitt and angelina, pitt and angelina jolie, pitt and jolie, schilling, sorrell, star couple, thursday morning, trope