Pitt, Jolie not heading splitsway, claims friendJanuary 26th, 2010 - 12:51 am ICT by IANS
London, Jan 25 (IANS) Hollywood star couple Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are not heading for a split, despite recent reports claiming so, with a friend insisting “everything is fine” between the two.
A close friend of the couple, who have been together for five years and raised six children together, insists “everything is fine” between them and branded recent reports of a break-up as “totally false”, reports fametastic.co.uk.
“I was told it’s not true. They are very secretive. But I was told it’s not true,” said the friend, on condition of anonymity.
The stars are yet to officially comment on the status of their relationship.
The News of the World newspaper claimed Jan 24 that Pitt, 46, and 34-year-old Jolie had visited divorce lawyers to help them separate and planned to split in the near future.
The legal document they allegedly signed will see their $330 million fortune halved, while the pair will have joint custody of their children.
The couple who have three adopted children, Maddox, eight, Pax, six, and Zahara, five, as well as three biological kids, Shiloh, three, and 18-month-old twins Knox and Vivienne.
They are alleged to have visited a top Los Angeles law firm in December last year, and have since hired a lawyer specialising in celebrity divorces.
Although the reports have been refuted, it has since been claimed that Brad’s brother Doug Pitt begged the “Fight Club” star to end the relationship because their family was being torn apart.
“Brad’s family are being more vocal with their doubts over the relationship. The only thing they still have in common is their kids. That’s keeping them together at the moment,” a source told The Sun newspaper.
The two, who have been married twice before, got together after meeting on the sets of their movie “Mr and Mrs Smith” in 2004, while Pitt was still married to ex-wife Jennifer Aniston.
- Kids tell Pitt, Jolie to settle down - Sep 22, 2011
- Pitt under pressure to marry - Sep 23, 2011
- No truth in Jolie-Pitt split rumours: Jon Voight - Jan 28, 2010
- Brangelina confirm engagement - Apr 14, 2012
- Pitt's mom trying to save his relationship with Jolie - Jan 27, 2010
- Brad Pitt set to marry Angelina Jolie? - May 30, 2011
- Brad Pitt may marry Angelina Jolie soon - Jan 26, 2012
- Pitt, Jolie busy doing karaoke - May 29, 2012
- Brangelina take kids' help for wedding - Apr 19, 2012
- Brangelina - Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt separation rumors are false - Jan 25, 2010
- Brad Pitt to produce biopic on Marilyn Monroe - Jun 05, 2012
- Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie sue British paper over the split claims - Feb 09, 2010
- Brad wants to get married (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Pitt, Jolie head for splitsville? - Jan 24, 2010
- Kids ask about marriage more and more: Brad Pitt (Lead, Changing intro) - Jul 30, 2011
Tags: angelina jolie, brad pitt and angelina, brad pitt and angelina jolie, brother doug, celebrity divorces, divorce lawyers, doug pitt, fight club star, hollywood star, jennifer aniston, joint custody, london jan, mr and mrs smith, news of the world, news of the world newspaper, pitt and angelina, pitt and angelina jolie, star couple, wife jennifer, zahara