Pinkett Smith defends her kid’s showbiz careerApril 2nd, 2011 - 3:10 am ICT by IANS
London, April 2 (IANS) Actor Will Smith’s wife Jada Pinkett has defended her decision to let her two children start their showbusiness careers at such a young age, insisting they don’t shoulder the same burdens as other pre-teen stars because they have no financial pressures.
“This isn’t about fame or money. They were still going to have their trials because of who their parents are. As much as I wish I could figure out a way I could protect my children, they have their destiny. I’m not going to put brakes on that out of fear,” dailystar.co.uk quoted her as saying.
Their son Jaden, 12, kickstarted hismovie career with last year’s remake of “The Karate Kid”, while his 10-year-old sister, Willow, launched herself as a singer and is currently on tour with Justin Bieber.
“Our children are allowed to stay in the paradigm of being a child. They don’t have to take care of their families: become the complete emotional, physical and financial focus that happens to many child stars.”
“It is something to manage. I will not overlook that. I have a 10 year old who can stand up in front of an audience of 17,000 and rock the house. I have to keep her grounded,” she said.
- Jada Smith gives up career for kids - Jul 03, 2011
- Jada Pinkett sacrificed music career for kids - Apr 05, 2011
- Jada Smith is grateful of husband Will - Sep 05, 2011
- Bieber praises 'father figure' Will Smith - Feb 10, 2011
- Music Video By Will Smith’s Daughter - Oct 25, 2010
- Will Smith doesn't like outdoor trips - Mar 17, 2011
- Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith celebrate their anniversary with a high-five - Jun 11, 2012
- Justin Bieber – Willow Smith: Their Moves Make The Crowds Crazy - Oct 28, 2010
- My kids are fame-savvy: Will Smith - May 25, 2012
- Have Will Smith & Jada Pinkett split? - Aug 23, 2011
- Smith, Jada still together - Aug 24, 2011
- Willow Smith – What’s Her Latest Hairstyle? - Dec 18, 2010
- Willow Smith - The Wonder Girl Continues To Rule! - Nov 16, 2010
- Will Smith convinced son will cope with fame - Jul 16, 2010
- Will Smith's daughter to release inspirational song - Oct 23, 2010
Tags: audience, brakes, burdens, child stars, destiny, fame, fear, financial focus, financial pressures, jada pinkett, karate kid, london, money, paradigm, parents, pinkett smith, showbiz career, teen stars, will smith, willow