Pink Floyd’s ‘Another Brick in The Wall’ gets an Iranian makeover!August 6th, 2010 - 5:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 6 (ANI): Roger Waters, founder of Pink Floyd, has given a band the permission to rewrite the famous Floyd hit ‘Another Brick in The Wall’.
According to The Daily Express, the classic has been transformed by a Canadian band ‘Blurred Vision’ into an anthem of dissent for young Iranians.
The song replaces the teacher reference with “Hey, Ayatollah, leave those kids alone!”
The video, performed by a Toronto-based rock band fronted by two Iranian brothers has been seen by more than 160,000 viewers on YouTube.
The new version of the song expresses the tension between young people and the government of Iran, where it is illegal to play rock music. (ANI)
- Pink Floyd Anthem Rewritten - Aug 07, 2010
- Pink Floyd's 'Another Brick in the Wall' a hit for Iran's resistance movement - Jul 30, 2010
- Pink Floyd to unite for London Olympics? - Jan 04, 2012
- Pink Floyd's remastered hits available - Feb 29, 2012
- Pink Floyd end legal tussle with EMI - Jan 05, 2011
- Think Floyd, the homegrown Pink Floyd tribute ensemble - May 23, 2010
- Pink Floyd duo reunite for charity show - Jul 13, 2010
- With millions of hits, 'Kolaveri Di' on song - Nov 24, 2011
- Pink Floyd win battle against EMI - Dec 17, 2010
- Pink Floyd set to reunite? - Jul 16, 2010
- Roger Waters to recreate Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' magic - May 28, 2010
- Roger Waters Releases Pink Floyd "The Wall" Tour Dates - Apr 13, 2010
- Led Zeppelin no longer the real Led Zeppelin: Robert Plant - Aug 17, 2010
- Techno Pink Floyd anyone? - Aug 20, 2010
- Bengali bands rock - and make themselves heard! - Dec 19, 2010
Tags: anthem, ayatollah, blurred vision, brick in the wall, daily express, dissent, iran, iranians, london, makeover, pink floyd, rock band, rock music, roger waters, teacher reference, tension, those kids