“Piers Morgan Tonight” Primiered With Oprah WinfreyJanuary 18th, 2011 - 7:22 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Jan 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The British tabloid editor, turned “America’s Got Talent” judge, Piers Morgan, has now changed his profession for the third time to become an interviewer in CNN. He is carrying the legacy of Larry King, who ruled the night interview slot in CNN for the last twenty five years. Piers Morgan’s premiered his very own and first interview show, “Piers Morgan Tonight”, with Oprah Winfrey yesterday.
His first interviewee was Oprah Winfrey, because he reportedly wanted to get inspired by her, before starting his new journey as a talk show host. On the other hand, Oprah Winfrey, who was delighted to alter her role from an interviewer to an interviewee, said that his interview technique was “surprising”. Sources say that he proved himself to be a skillful interviewer, with a good amount of wit, humor and a clever disposition. In the interview, Piers Morgan spoke to Oprah Winfrey regarding her new television channel, OWN. At the same time, his research on the lady seemed to be quite extensive, as he asked her regarding her experience in working in the film, that was based on Toni Morrison’s novel and was produced by her own production company Harpo Productions. The film did not get to much critical acclaim, but the talk show queen said that it had sent her “into a macaroni-cheese tailspin”!
The two also fought about who would be the first one to take an interview of Michael Vick, the celebrated Philadelphia Eagles quarter back. Piers Morgan said that in lieu of one hundred pounds, he would make it before her, while Oprah Winfrey made a bet for two hundred pounds to win this light hearted argument.
- Winfrey gorged on macaroni and cheese after flop - Jan 14, 2011
- Piers Morgan Ropes In Oprah Winfrey As Talk Show Guest - Jan 07, 2011
- ‘Piers Morgan Tonight’ With Oprah Winfrey As Its Primary Guest - Jan 18, 2011
- Winfrey first guest on Piers Morgan's new show - Jan 07, 2011
- Kim Kardashian Fails To Help Piers Morgan With His Ratings On CNN Show - Jan 31, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey depressed over movie flop - Jan 14, 2011
- Piers Morgan's CNN Debut Triples The Ratings Of Larry King - Jan 19, 2011
- Oprah Winfrey drank detergent when she fell pregnant at 14 - Jan 18, 2011
- Morgan bans Madonna from his show - Mar 28, 2012
- The Celebrity Apprentice to star David Cassidy & Star Jones? - Jan 11, 2011
- Piers Morgan wants to interview Obama on CNN chat show - Sep 11, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey To Invite Ted Williams To OWN - Jan 08, 2011
- Winfrey being sued with trademark infringement - Aug 01, 2011
- Chaz Bono presents Jennifer Elia with an engagement ring - Nov 28, 2011
- Harrison Ford Refuses The 'Piers Morgan' Show - Jan 14, 2011
Tags: america s got talent, cnn, critical acclaim, harpo productions, interview technique, interviewee, larry king, last twenty five years, macaroni cheese, meena, michael vick, new journey, oprah winfrey, philadelphia eagles, piers morgan, tailspin, talk show host, television channel, toni morrison, twenty five years