‘Phoonk’ will be scarier than ‘Bhooth’: actor SudeepAugust 3rd, 2008 - 9:23 am ICT by IANS
Bangalore, Aug 3 (IANS) Kannada film star Sudeep, who forays into Bollywood with Ram Gopal Varma’s “Phoonk”, says the film would scare audiences out of their wits. The actor, who has worked in popular films like “Huchha” and “Gooli”, believes that “Phoonk” will be scarier than Varma’s previous hit horror flick “Bhooth” that starred Ajay Devgan, Urmila Matondkar and Rekha.
“The story of ‘Phoonk’ revolves around black magic. The film has the potentiality to really scare the audience. It is a different type of film, but will appeal to a large section of film buffs,” Sudeep told IANS.
“I think ‘Phoonk’ will make you think about many sequences of the film for many days after you have seen it,” he added.
Sudeep, who made his film debut with “Thayava”, said he chose the film mainly because it provided an opportunity to work with Varma. He added that the director had got the best out him in “Phoonk”.
“After working for nearly 40 days for the film, I felt that many facets of my performance were captured by Varmaji.”
The actor said it also gave him a chance to work with top television and theatre artists. Varma has chosen well-known Marathi stage actress Amrutha Khanvilkar to team up with Sudeep.
The maverick director too had some good words for Sudeep.
“I chose Sudeep because he is a good performer. I was impressed with many of his films. When I was writing the script, I though he would be perfectly suited for the lead character,” Varma had said in an interview.
- "People think ki chalo bhoot aayega aur daraega" - Milind Gadagkar (Director of 'Phoonk 2') - Apr 16, 2010
- 'Phoonk 2' will scare people in a big way: Director - Jan 10, 2010
- Best performance in 'Phoonk 2'? From the crow (IANS Movie Review - Rating: **) - Apr 16, 2010
- Varma returns to scare audiences with 'Phoonk 2' (IANS Preview) - Apr 12, 2010
- Kannada actor Sudeep to star in Ram Gopal Varma film - Apr 05, 2008
- RGV's 'Phoonk2' spooks contestant - Apr 16, 2010
- Movie Review: Phoonk 2(2010) - Apr 16, 2010
- 'Paathshaala', 'Phoonk 2' fail to cast spell at box office - Apr 19, 2010
- RGV excited about 'Bhoot' sequel 'BHHOOoo' - Jun 14, 2011
- 'Not A Love Story' - another crime story from Varma (IANS Preview) - Aug 17, 2011
- Ram Gopal Varma's film Phoonk 2 scares Hitesh Sharma - Apr 16, 2010
- Working with Amitabh fulfils my mom's dream: Sudeep - Feb 05, 2010
- Sudeep to work with Ram Gopal Varma again in 'Phoonk II' - Oct 18, 2009
- If you are a braveheart, 'Phoonk 2' can fetch you Rs.500,000 - Feb 24, 2010
- Verma praises Manisha for her work in 'BHHOOoo.!' - May 01, 2012
Tags: ajay devgan, audiences, bangalore, black magic, bollywood, facets, film buffs, film debut, forays, gooli, horror flick, maverick director, potentiality, ram gopal varma, sequences, stage actress, theatre artists, urmila matondkar, wits, writing the script