Philip Seymour Hoffman to helm West End production of RiflemindAugust 9th, 2008 - 1:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 9 (ANI):Oscar winner Philip Seymour Hoffman is all set to helm the London premiere of Andrew Upton’’s Riflemind.
The Capote actor, who has earlier been a co-artistic director for the LAByrinth Theater Company, will start the Australian plays direction from next month.
The play revolves around the story of members of an ageing rock band, who decide to revive their dying careers with a comeback gig, reports the Telegraph.
The Four Weddings and A Funeral actor John Hannah will be seen playing the lead role in the play, which premiered last year previously directed by Cate Blanchett and her playwright husband Andrew Upton.
Riflemind will open at the Trafalgar Studios in the heart of the West End on September 18 with initial bookings until January 3.
Meanwhile, Hoffmans British links will be further enhanced, as he soon will be seen acting in a Richard Curtis production, The Boat that Rocked. (ANI)
- Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton extend stay at Sydney Theatre Company - Jan 01, 2010
- Watson wants to play Juliet! - Sep 24, 2011
- Cate Blanchett, hubby credited with transforming Sydney Theatre Company - Jan 04, 2010
- Blanchett takes kids to work - Jul 28, 2012
- Cate Blanchett calls for improvements in Sydney for theatre - Mar 10, 2011
- Blanchett not patient enough to direct films - Mar 01, 2012
- Blanchett welcomes criticism from husband - May 18, 2010
- Cate Blanchett Mermerizes Audiences With Her Performance In "A Steetcar Named Desire" - Nov 09, 2009
- Cate Blanchett supports rainwater harvesting - Sep 04, 2011
- Blanchett wants to be mother more than friend - May 07, 2011
- Clooney film to open Venice festival - Jun 23, 2011
- Cate Blanchett loves doing household chores - Nov 28, 2009
- Cate Blanchetts hubby names himself the hand - Oct 25, 2008
- Madisen Beaty in Paul Thomas Anderson's next - Jun 07, 2011
- Cate Blanchett and hubby put environmental conservation as first priority - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: andrew upton, artistic director, australian plays, capote, cate blanchett, four weddings and a funeral, husband andrew, initial bookings, john hannah, labyrinth, lead role, london premiere, oscar winner, philip seymour hoffman, playwright, richard curtis, rock band, september 18, trafalgar studios, west end