Philip Madoc dies at the age of 77 yearsMarch 6th, 2012 - 12:40 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Mar 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Actor Philip Madoc has passed away at the age of 77 years. The Welsh actor reportedly passed away after a short illness.
His agent told the Associated Press that, “He passed away in hospital in Hertfordshire this morning after a short illness with his family around him. He will be hugely missed by everybody.”
Some of Madoc’s works included BBC’s drama The Life And Times of David Lloyd George. He also made some appearances on the shows The Last Of The Mohicans and Doctor Who.
Although he played villain in most of his roles, Madoc revealed that he was not bothered by the roles. In one interview, he revealed that, “Certainly initially I rarely played heroes because there was still this tradition that heroes were six foot tall. Certainly if you had a voice that wasn’t high and dark eyes then there was a feeling that you were set out to play the villains of this world. I didn’t ever argue with that, because they were more or less the best parts.”
The family released a statement saying that they will greatly miss the actor. The statement further revealed that he suffered cancer. He was surrounded by his family when he passed away.
Madoc is survived by his two children and several other grandchildren.
- Bigger villain leads to a bigger hero: Karan Malhotra - Dec 24, 2011
- Had to be expressionless for 'Ra.One': Rampal - Oct 21, 2011
- Bollywood more professional, but sans soul: Annu Kapoor - Apr 17, 2012
- 'All in the Family' director John Rich dies - Jan 30, 2012
- Football world pays rich tribute to Gary Speed - Nov 28, 2011
- TV actor Harry Morgan dies - Dec 08, 2011
- "Leave It To Beaver" Actress Barbara Billingsley Dies At 94 - Oct 18, 2010
- 'Aadu Puli' - run-of-the-mill masala movie (Tamil Movie Review) - Feb 20, 2011
- Veteran actor A.K. Hangal is dead (Lead) - Aug 26, 2012
- Nawazuddin feels training must for actors - May 27, 2012
- Dara Singh among top five trends on Twitter - Jul 12, 2012
- Nothing good about 'Villain' (Kannada Movie Review) - May 26, 2012
- It's one of the greatest highs to play a villain: SRK - Dec 19, 2011
- Malayalam thespian Jose Prakash dead - Mar 24, 2012
- Aditya Is Comfortable Playing The Villain - Jun 10, 2010