Phil Spector transferred to new prisonJune 6th, 2009 - 1:33 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jun 6 (ANI): American record producer Phil Spector, a murder convict, has been transferred into a new prison.
Spector, 69, had been imprisoned in a Los Angeles prison cell after his conviction, but he has now been moved to another 100 miles away near Bakersfield, California, reports Contactmusic.
The music producer had been convicted of killing actress Lana Clarkson in April this year, and was sentenced 19 years to life last week after he was found guilty of second-degree murder.
According to TMZ.com, he was moved to North Kern State Prison on June 5, where he will remain until authorities decide where he should serve out his sentence, which could be anywhere up to six months. (ANI)
- Phil Spector conviction upheld - May 04, 2011
- Al Pacino to play notorious producer on TV - Oct 10, 2010
- Phil Spector murder conviction upheld - May 03, 2011
- Al Pacino 'to play Phil Spector in a movie' - Oct 09, 2010
- Mirren replaces Midler in Spector biopic - Jul 20, 2011
- Phil Spector' lawyers appeal to overturn murder conviction - Apr 13, 2011
- Lana Clarkson murder case: Phil Spector sentenced - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector to serve 19 years in prison for actress' murder - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years jail for Lana Clarkson murder - May 30, 2009
- Music producer Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years in jail - May 30, 2009
- Music producer Spector convicted for murdering actress - Apr 14, 2009
- Phil Spector found guilty of killing actress - Apr 14, 2009
- Phil Spector fears he will catch Valley Fever with jail move - Sep 02, 2009
- Phil Spector thinks he will die in "snake pit" jail - Aug 20, 2009
- Phil Spector wants TV, iPod, computer in jail - Jun 25, 2009
Tags: 19 years, actress, authorities, bakersfield california, california reports, conviction, Lana Clarkson, murder convict, music producer, north kern state prison, phil spector, prison cell, producer phil spector, record producer, second degree murder, six months