Phil Spector to serve 19 years in prison for actress’ murderMay 30th, 2009 - 12:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 30 (ANI): US music producer Phil Spector was yesterday sentenced to 19 years to life in prison for the murder of actress Lana Clarkson in 2003.
Clarkson was best known for her role in 1985 cult film Barbarian Queen.
Clarkson, 40, met Spector while a hostess at the House of Blues on Sunset Strip. Hours later her body was found slumped in a chair in the foyer of Spector’s home with a bullet wound through her mouth.
During the five-month retrial in Los Angeles, Spector had pleaded not guilty to the second-degree murder. His lawyers said he would appeal, reports The BBC.
Spector was given a sentence of 15 years to life for second-degree murder and an additional four years for personal use of a gun.
The 69-year-old was given a retrial after the jury in his original trial failed to reach a unanimous decision in 2007.
Before sentencing, the victim’s mother, Donna, gave a statement to the court, saying: “My beautiful daughter, I miss you so.” (ANI)
- Phil Spector murder conviction upheld - May 03, 2011
- Phil Spector conviction upheld - May 04, 2011
- Al Pacino to play notorious producer on TV - Oct 10, 2010
- Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years jail for Lana Clarkson murder - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector' lawyers appeal to overturn murder conviction - Apr 13, 2011
- Mirren replaces Midler in Spector biopic - Jul 20, 2011
- Al Pacino 'to play Phil Spector in a movie' - Oct 09, 2010
- Music producer Spector convicted for murdering actress - Apr 14, 2009
- Music producer Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years in jail - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector Convicted as Wife Rachelle Spector Breaks Down - Apr 14, 2009
- The Accused of the Lana Clarkson Murder goes Free - Mar 25, 2009
- Lana Clarkson murder case: Phil Spector sentenced - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector transferred to new prison - Jun 06, 2009
- Phil Spector found guilty of killing actress - Apr 14, 2009
- Phil Spector A Demonic Maniac: Prosecutor - Mar 24, 2009
Tags: 19 years, actress, barbarian queen, beautiful daughter, bullet wound, cult film, hostess, house of blues, house of blues on sunset, Lana Clarkson, life in prison, mother donna, music producer phil spector, phil spector, producer phil spector, retrial, second degree murder, sentencing the victim, sunset strip, unanimous decision