Phil Spector Convicted as Wife Rachelle Spector Breaks DownApril 14th, 2009 - 7:20 pm ICT by GD
Rock music producer and songwriter Phil Spector was convicted with charges of second degree murder in the death of actress Lana Clarkson at his mansion in 2003. The Superior Court jury gave the verdict after nearly 30 hours of deliberation and chose not to convict him on charges of involuntary manslaughter. His lawyer pleaded that he be allowed to remain free on bail till the May 29 hearing but Judge Larry Paul Fidler remanded him to custody immediately. The conviction could carry a penalty of 5 years to life in jail. 40 year old actress Lara Clarkson was pronounced dead with a bullet shot into her mouth at Spector’s foyer. She had met Spector only hours before at a nightclub.
As the verdict was pronounced his wife Rachelle Spector broke down and sobbed. She had earlier got a gag order during the trial for speaking with reporters and making statements such as “the judge doesn’t like me” and criticism of the jurors. She is a former Playboy Playmate and married Phil Spector shortly after Lana Clarkson’s death and after his first wife Ronnie had published a book about the years of psychological abuse that Spector had subjected her to. Rachelle has also done a role in the 2001 war movie Tigerland. She was given the gag order following her two separate interviews to CourtTV.com and the Sunday Mail where said that the jury were “12 people who voted for George Bush”.
Rachelle sat across Clarkson’s mother and sister in the courtroom during the trial.
- Phil Spector murder conviction upheld - May 03, 2011
- Phil Spector conviction upheld - May 04, 2011
- Mirren replaces Midler in Spector biopic - Jul 20, 2011
- Music producer Spector convicted for murdering actress - Apr 14, 2009
- Phil Spector' lawyers appeal to overturn murder conviction - Apr 13, 2011
- Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years jail for Lana Clarkson murder - May 30, 2009
- Michael Jackson's personal physician convicted of involuntary manslaughter - Nov 08, 2011
- Al Pacino to play notorious producer on TV - Oct 10, 2010
- Music producer Phil Spector sentenced to 19 years in jail - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector found guilty of killing actress - Apr 14, 2009
- Phil Spector A Demonic Maniac: Prosecutor - Mar 24, 2009
- Al Pacino 'to play Phil Spector in a movie' - Oct 09, 2010
- Phil Spector wants TV, iPod, computer in jail - Jun 25, 2009
- Lana Clarkson murder case: Phil Spector sentenced - May 30, 2009
- Phil Spector to serve 19 years in prison for actress' murder - May 30, 2009
Tags: court jury, courtroom, deliberation, first wife, former playboy playmate, gag order, george bush, involuntary manslaughter, jurors, Lana Clarkson, lara clarkson, larry paul fidler, mother and sister, music producer, phil spector, psychological abuse, rachelle spector, second degree murder, sunday mail, war movie, who voted for george bush