Peter Jackson’s Surgery To Delay Filming Of “The Hobbit”January 28th, 2011 - 8:10 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Jan 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) “The Hobbit” which was all set to start its shooting from the middle of February will now be delayed after film-maker Sir Peter Jackson was recently admitted to the hospital. The Oscar-winning director has been not in the pink of his health and was admitted to a New Zealand hospital yesterday after he complained of health problems. The project had already been suffering from quite some set-backs and now once again it has been exposed to another major set-back.
Sir Peter Jackson’s publicist Melissa Booth confirmed that the film-maker presently is in a better condition and doctors who have examined him expect him to recover soon. The ace film-maker was rushed to the hospital after he complained of acute stomach pains towards the starting of this week. The stomach pains has been diagnosed as perforated ulcer and the film-maker is now expected to go undergo a surgery. Although his condition is believed to be not so serious but this recent admission has definitely come across as another delay to the project which is a prequel of the “Lord of the Rings” trilogy which was a blockbuster at the box office countdown between 2011 to 2003.
The recent news of his operation now means that the project has to be halted until Sir Peter Jackson makes a steady recovery from his surgery. As per the latest reports, the surgery is not expected to hamper the film-maker’s commitment towards the project. His publicist has also added that the shooting will start after a slight delay. The project based on the Tolkien crafted personalities had earlier suffered from financial and industrial disputes.
- Peter Jackson hospitalized with stomach ulcer - Jan 27, 2011
- Sir Peter Jackson recovering after surgery - Jan 30, 2011
- Peter Jackson Undergoes Surgery for Perforated Ulcer - Jan 28, 2011
- Sir Peter Jackson recovering at home - Feb 03, 2011
- 'The Hobbit' to begin shooting in March - Feb 07, 2011
- Richard Armitage Roped In For 'The Hobbit' - Oct 22, 2010
- Peter Jackson rubbishes Hobbit production troubles rumors - Apr 21, 2010
- 'The Hobbit' to released in 3-D? - Oct 04, 2010
- Jackson offers chance to visit 'Hobbit' sets - Dec 26, 2011
- The International Federation of Actors Calls For An International Boycott Of "The Hobbit" - Sep 27, 2010
- Peter Jackson may helm Hobbit - Jun 01, 2010
- Actor Elijah Wood To Do A Cameo In "The Hobbit" - Jan 09, 2011
- 'Curse of The Hobbit' strikes again as fire destroys workshop set - Oct 02, 2010
- Peter Jackson might direct 'The Hobbit' - Jun 27, 2010
- Guillermo del Toro quits as director of The Hobbit movies - May 31, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,