Peter Jackson’s credit card fraudster jailedFebruary 10th, 2011 - 4:59 pm ICT by ANI
Wellington, Feb 10 (ANI): A man has been sentenced to 10 months in prison after billing nearly 250,000 dollars in bogus charges to Sir Peter Jackson’s credit card.
Richard Berry, owner of the Michigan Toy Soldier Company in Royal Oak, made the fraudulent charges after Jackson used his American Express card in 2007 to buy items from the toy store, reports stuff.co.nz.
The store specializes in historical miniature models of toy soldiers and other figures.
Court records show that after Jackson made his purchase, Berry then submitted NZ 246,025 dollars, in unauthorized charges to Jackson’s card.
This is not Berry’s first. He has also previously had a conviction for similar credit fraud from 1993.This is not Berry’s first. He has also previously had a conviction for similar credit fraud from 1993.
Despite his pleas to remain free, Berry was sentenced by US District Court Judge Robert Cleland, who also gave Berry three years’ probation, the Detroit Free Press reported. (ANI)
- US toy seller caught fraudulently using Sir Peter Jackson's credit card - Jan 28, 2011
- Chez Gabriela Studio Owner Accused Of Cheating High Profiled Clients - Aug 20, 2010
- Celebrity beauty salon owner pleads guilty to cheating - Jan 23, 2011
- Beverly Hills' Salon Busted For Credit Card Fraud - Aug 20, 2010
- Chinese national charged in US Army recruiting scam - Apr 13, 2011
- US woman steals credit card for bigger boob job, jailed - Dec 07, 2010
- Now, bank cards that generate new PIN each time you shop online - Jul 18, 2010
- Leader of hacking ring sentenced by U.S. Authorities - Mar 28, 2010
- Rajat Gupta convicted on four counts by US jury (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Pakistani charged with 14 criminal counts in Canada - Apr 02, 2011
- First people to reach America were Asians, scientists confirm (The Funny Side) - Jul 27, 2012
- Largest ID theft ring in US history cracked - Oct 08, 2011
- Now, shop at multiple stores and pay with one credit card transaction! - Nov 20, 2010
- Derby, NY man convicted of bank fraud while free on bond - Mar 09, 2010
- Indian-American doctor convicted of health care fraud - Mar 15, 2012
Tags: 10 months, american express, american express card, bogus charges, cleland, credit fraud, detroit free press, district court judge, fraudulent charges, judge robert, michigan toy soldier, michigan toy soldier company, miniature models, peter jackson, royal oak, sir peter, toy soldier company, toy soldiers, toy store, unauthorized charges