Pete Wentz credits son Bronx for helping him combat bipolar disorderMarch 4th, 2009 - 12:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 4 (ANI): American rock star Pete Wentz says that his little son Bronx Mowgli has helped him keep his bipolar disorder under control.
Wentz, best known as the bassist for the alternative rock band Fall Out Boy, has battled with the psychiatric condition since he was a child.
He admits that he has finally found peace of mind since welcoming his first child with pop star wife Ashlee Simpson, who gave birth to Bronx last November.
“While I”ll always be bipolar, I find it easier to deal with now. With marriage and fatherhood, I”ve finally found two fixed points in my life. They”ve taught me patience. They”ve also taught me that I don”t need to feel guilty about being happy. My emotional seasons are less extreme, the Daily Express quoted him as saying.
“In the past my brain would never stop. Now I”m a father, the world no longer revolves around me.
“When I”m with Bronx, he’’s got my complete attention. It fascinates me to speculate on what he’’s thinking and feeling at any given moment. I also love to speculate about what kind of man he’’s going to become. He could be another Neil Armstrong or Christopher Columbus. Who is he going to fall in love with? What’’s his hair going to be like when he’’s 15? Then, while I”m fantasising about all this stuff, he”ll go to put his hand in his mouth and end up smacking himself in the eye. He’’s the single greatest achievement of my life,” he added. (ANI)
- Ashlee Simpson, Husband Pete Wentz Part Ways, File For Divorce - Feb 10, 2011
- Simpson, Wentz divorce finalised - Dec 08, 2011
- Pete Wentz's Son Bronx Mowgli Wentz Fine After Minor Car Accident - May 19, 2010
- Pete Wentzs New Year resolution no swearing around son - Jan 03, 2009
- Ashlee Simpson files for divorce from Pete Wentz - Feb 10, 2011
- Pete Wentz wants to have 'soccer team' of children - Oct 19, 2009
- Pete Wentz suffered writer's block after Mowgli's birth - Nov 10, 2009
- Ashlee, Pete Wentz throw SpongeBob-themed party for son's first b'day - Nov 23, 2009
- Wentz thanks Sheen for diverting media attention from divorce - Mar 15, 2011
- Ashlee Simpson, Pete Wentz's Divorce Details Emerge - Feb 10, 2011
- Heres why Pete Wentz, Ashlee Simpson named their kid Mowgli - Nov 26, 2008
- Pete Wentz found wife Ashlee''s breast milk soury, weird - Dec 23, 2008
- Ashlee Simpson, Pete Wentz spotted together having gala time - Apr 01, 2011
- New dad Pete Wentz wants to patch up with Brandon Flowers - Dec 15, 2008
- Pete Wentz wants joint custody of son - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: alternative rock band, ashlee simpson, bassist, bipolar, bipolar disorder, christopher columbus, daily express, fall out boy, greatest achievement, kind of man, last november, london march, mowgli, neil armstrong, patience, peace of mind, pete wentz, pop star, psychiatric condition, rock star