Pete Doherty stops taking drugsFebruary 18th, 2012 - 8:34 am ICT by IANS
London, Feb 18 (IANS) Rocker Pete Doherty has decided to stop injecting drugs out of respect for his mystery girlfriend. He does not want her to dabble in drugs.
“I’ve stopped injecting. The only way I see myself in a serious relationship is if I am toning it down a bit. When you’re banging up all day you can’t really have someone in your life, especially if she’s an English rose. I wouldn’t let her touch anything. I just wouldn’t,” contactmusic.com quoted Doherty as saying.
Doherty, who has earlier dated supermodel Kate Moss, also says he is calmer ever since he quit London to move to Paris three years ago.
“The media circus got a bit twisted when I was in London. It became a bit of a joke, really. In Paris, they’re so serious I can take myself really seriously, too. I can get really morbid without people telling me to cheer up,” he added.
- Doherty to pen novel on troubled life - Apr 17, 2012
- Kate destroyed all my stuff after split, says Doherty - Feb 17, 2012
- Pete Doherty to star as boozy French poet in new movie - Dec 16, 2010
- Kate Moss to quit party lifestyle - Sep 12, 2010
- Underwood does own make-up - Apr 24, 2012
- When Doherty thought he was an air hostess - Sep 06, 2009
- Why does Madonna want to be president? - May 20, 2012
- Pete Doherty haunted by Amy Winehouse's ghost - Nov 15, 2011
- Levine's 'valuable' drug experiments - Jul 04, 2012
- Pete Doherty to launch fashion line - May 10, 2011
- Doherty to make acting debut - Dec 09, 2010
- Kate Moss to tie the knot this year - Feb 03, 2011
- Jacobs happy at Vuitton - Oct 08, 2011
- Kate Moss to pen autobiography - Jul 29, 2011
- Vampires are very sexy: Kristen Stewart - May 15, 2011