Pete Doherty gets suspended jail term for drug and motoring offencesNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:56 am ICT by admin
On Oct 27, the rocker was sentenced to four months in jail - suspended for two years - during the hearing at the court.
District judge Davinder Lachar also handed the singer an 18-month supervision order and a 12-month drug rehabilitation order, The BBC reports.
The rocker was also ordered to pay a 400 pounds fine for driving without insurance and 75 pounds for having no MOT certificate.
Cops found a number of substances on him and in the car and the singer later pleaded guilty to various driving and drug charges.
Lachar was also told that Doherty had tested negative for drugs throughout a six-week residential drug treatment and wanted to “give himself a chance” to recover.
While passing the judgment, Judge Lachhar said: “You have made strides and I hope you will continue in doing so. I would hate to see you going backwards.”
Doherty was released from a drug treatment order imposed in February 2006 earlier this week, after district judge Jane McIvor revoked the remaining six months left to serve on the order at a hearing at Thames magistrates court.
McIvor said that the decision had been taken after advice from experts, with Doherty having already undergone some 18 months of supervision.
She also added that she expects the plan to keep the musician drug-free would be adhered to. (ANI)
- Pete Doherty jailed for 14 weeks - Apr 09, 2008
- Pete Doherty 'arrested for drug possession' - Dec 22, 2009
- Couple jailed for 7yrs for holding five Thai women as sex slaves - Dec 18, 2010
- Gazza's eight-week jail sentence suspended by Newcastle court - Dec 10, 2010
- Pete Doherty denies cocaine charge - Feb 03, 2011
- Burglar to get his 83,000 pounds from police - Apr 06, 2012
- Judge finds burglars 'courageous', lets one walk free - Sep 06, 2012
- Pete Doherty pleads guilty to drink driving, drug possession - Jun 13, 2009
- Drug-related crimes rising in China - Jun 22, 2011
- George Michael pleads guilty to drug offences - Aug 26, 2010
- Doherty to pen novel on troubled life - Apr 17, 2012
- Witness' failure to attend court delays Gazza 'drik-driving' care for 3rd time - Dec 14, 2010
- Feds recommend jail for Survivor winner Richard Hatch - Feb 01, 2011
- Pete Doherty voted worst celebrity neighbour - Feb 09, 2010
- Man blames seven-year-old girl in sex attack case - Jul 21, 2012
Tags: bbc reports, crack cocaine, district judge, driving without insurance, drug charges, drug rehabilitation, earlier this week, ketamine, magistrates court, mot, motoring offences, pete doherty, residential drug treatment, supervision