Pete Doherty denies cocaine chargeFebruary 3rd, 2011 - 1:23 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Feb 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Babyshambles’ frontman, Pete Doherty and two of his friends appeared before a court on Wednesday in London on drug possession charges.
The singer and his friends all pleaded not guilty to the charge and denied charges of drug possession.
Doherty who has a history with drugs was arrested by the police in connection with the death of Robin Whitehead. The police are investigating the death of the heiress from suspected drug overdose last year. The post mortem on her body revealed traces of heroin, Valium and crack cocaine in her system.
The police established a connection between Whitehead and Doherty. Whitehead was making a documentary on Doherty and his band when she died last year. They suspect that the drugs were supplied to Whitehead by Doherty and his friends when she was during the documentary on the Libertines.
When Doherty appeared in court on Wednesday, he denied ever being in possession of drugs. He has long history with being found foul with the law. The hearing at the court was very brief.
All the men were granted bail and ordered to appear before the court again on the 29th day of March.
- Peter Doherty charged with the possession of cocaine - Sep 30, 2010
- Pete Doherty haunted by Amy Winehouse's ghost - Nov 15, 2011
- Pete Doherty accused of supplying drugs that killed Robin Whitehead - Mar 22, 2010
- Pete Doherty's ex girlfriend dies of 'drug overdose' - Jan 28, 2010
- Pete Doherty 'arrested for drug possession' - Dec 22, 2009
- Doherty to auction Winehouse painting - May 06, 2012
- Pete Doherty pleads guilty to drink driving, drug possession - Jun 13, 2009
- Pete Doherty to star as boozy French poet in new movie - Dec 16, 2010
- Pete Doherty voted worst celebrity neighbour - Feb 09, 2010
- Pete Doherty locks lips in acting debut - May 24, 2012
- Doherty vows to work on Libertines reunion, solo career, and Babyshambles - Jul 03, 2009
- Libertines to record new romantic album - Sep 19, 2010
- Doherty confirms The Libertines reunion in 2010 - Aug 21, 2009
- Pete Doherty arrested second time in a week - Jun 12, 2009
- Purported 'Samsung heiress' busted with 230kg dope in luggage indicted on drug charges - Jun 22, 2010
Tags: babyshambles, babyshambles frontman pete doherty, crack cocaine, documentary, drug overdose, drug possession, feb 2, frontman, heiress, heroin, libertines, london feb, pete doherty, possession of drugs, post mortem, traces, valium, whitehead