Pete Doherty apologises for drug relapse

November 14th, 2007 - 10:16 am ICT by admin  
On Nov 7, a video, showing the rocker injecting himself with heroin, was posted online on British newspaper The Sun’s website, moments after Doherty claimed he was drug free.

The 1min 14sec clip was reportedly filmed at Doherty’s home in Wiltshire on Nov 2 after he returned from the MTV Awards in Germany.

The Babyshambles frontman has now admitted that it was him in the video and that it was filmed on Nov 2.

“It was a stupid, stupid action for which I feel only shame,” The Sun quoted him, as saying.

In a statement, Doherty’s spokesman offered the rocker’s sincere apologies to his fans and wellwishers.

“Peter Doherty would like to apologise to the medical staff, fans and wellwishers who have helped and encouraged his progress in fighting his addiction to heroin,” the spokesman said.

“His ongoing rehabilitation was a source of such pride to him that Peter and those closest to him thought that he was close to winning his personal battle with the drug,” he added.

The statement also said that the troubled star would be checking back into a rehab clinic.

“However, Peter sadly relapsed last week and is now looking to check himself back into a rehab clinic so that he can try to continue the hitherto excellent attempts he had made to break free of heroin,” he said.

“He realises that he has not only let himself down but has let down those who trusted and encouraged his efforts and he is filled with remorse,” he added. (ANI)

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Entertainment |