PETA slams Victoria Beckham for using crocodile leatherJune 21st, 2009 - 3:20 pm ICT by IANS
London, June 21 (IANS) People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has slammed former Spice girl Victoria Beckham for supporting a fashion chain that uses crocodile skin in its products.
The singer-turned-designer, who is regularly seen with a Hermes handbag on her arm, has been urged to give up the luxury brand as it frequently uses animal skin, reports contactmusic.com.
“We will send Victoria Beckham, a compassionate person who won’t wear fur, our undercover footage that shows how alligators and crocodiles are beaten to death and how snakes are nailed to trees and skinned alive for these products,” said a PETA spokesperson.
“The mere thought of purposefully breeding and killing crocodiles for an outdated, overpriced handbag should make any fashionista’s skin crawl,” the spokesperson added.
- PETA urges Victoria to shun reptile skins - Oct 21, 2010
- Raveena poses for PETA to shun animal skins - Sep 13, 2010
- PETA targets Simpson for wearing animal skin - Mar 26, 2010
- Dia Mirza poses in ad against animal skin trade (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- Posh targeted by PETA over handbag collection - Oct 19, 2010
- Jenna Dewan Tatum bares all for new PETA campaign - Jul 07, 2010
- Raveena Poses For An Advertisemnt Of PETA - Sep 15, 2010
- PETA criticises Witherspoon - Nov 02, 2011
- PETA is unhappy with Mario as he wears a Tanooki suit - Nov 16, 2011
- Posh spotted wearing mega-expensive fake fur coats - Jan 23, 2009
- Pamela Anderson urges Danish queen to avoid fur - Jul 29, 2011
- PETA upset with Janet's BlackGlama campaign - Jul 17, 2010
- Will Pamela Anderson's sex appeal help pass anti-fur law in Israel? - Nov 08, 2010
- Taraji P Henson Does Naked PETA Anti-Fur Ad - Jan 28, 2011
- Kardashian in trouble with PETA, again - Jun 20, 2012
Tags: alligators, alligators and crocodiles, animal skin, compassionate person, crocodile, crocodile leather, crocodile skin, crocodiles, ethical treatment of animals, fashion chain, fashionista, hermes handbag, luxury brand, people for the ethical treatment of animals, peta spokesperson, slams, spice girl victoria, treatment of animals, victoria beckham, wear fur