Peta lavishes praise on Jacko for keeping concerts animal-freeApril 10th, 2009 - 1:16 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 10 (ANI): Animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has appreciated King of Pop Michael Jackson’s decision to keep his comeback concerts animal free.
The ‘Thriller’ hitmaker came under fire from PETA after it was rumoured that the singer would include a variety of exotic creatures in his ‘This Is It ‘ run at London’s O2 Arena this summer.
However, organisers of the concerts have now confirmed no animals will be onstage at the gigs - and PETA bosses are pleased with the decision.
“Wild animals do not belong in noisy arenas surrounded by screaming fans and loud music,” the Daily Express quoted PETA Europe Director Robbie LeBlanc as saying.
“We are thrilled that Michael won’t compound his past mistakes by using animals in his final UK shows. Bubbles wouldn’t have approved,” LeBlanc added. (ANI)
- PETA slams Jacko over plans to use animals in comeback gigs - Mar 26, 2009
- Matt LeBlanc Plays Himself In "Episodes" - Jan 10, 2011
- Justin Bieber ends tour with star-studded show - Dec 25, 2010
- Untold story of Michael Jackson and his pet chimp to be aired - Oct 15, 2010
- Woman demands $9 mn from Bieber for deafening gig - Jul 15, 2012
- Fertilizer chemicals harm reproductive functions of water organisms - Aug 28, 2010
- Mark Ronson says wearing fur is like wearing a pet dog - May 08, 2009
- Matt Leblanc stars in "Episodes" - Jan 10, 2011
- Recession affecting pets in Britain - Nov 13, 2011
- People think I'm stupid, says Matt LeBlanc - Jan 04, 2011
- No fireworks this Diwali: PETA cards - Oct 19, 2011
- France coach Laurent Blanc resigns - Jul 01, 2012
- Schwimmer shocked Andre with song request - Oct 27, 2011
- Matt LeBlanc to play himself - Jan 11, 2010
- 'I dyed my hair the whole time on Friends,' says Matt LeBlanc - Jul 30, 2010
Tags: animal free, animal rights group, arenas, bubbles, concerts, daily express, ethical treatment of animals, free london, gigs, jacko, king of pop, leblanc, loud music, michael jackson, o2, people for the ethical treatment of animals, pop michael jackson, thriller, treatment of animals, wild animals