Perry vows to be serious about workJuly 3rd, 2012 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 3 (IANS) Singer Katy Perry says her music is taking a darker turn following her split from Russell Brand and it is time to tackle more serious issues as far as her career goes.
Brand filed for divorce last year after 14 months of marriage to the 27-year-old.
“I feel I have a lot to say on the next record. I have a lot to flush out of the system. I am not saying that I am not going to be the candy queen any more, but I think it’s time for more meat and potatoes,” femalefirst.co.uk quoted Perry as saying.
“With ‘Teenage Dream’, I created this cotton candy cloud with a kind of a wink and a kiss, and it was all cute and fun and playful. Now it’s as if I have had to step off this cloud and face reality,” she added.
Her struggle to keep her marriage alive can be seen in her concert movie “Katy Perry: Part Of Me”.
“I made that sacrifice because I had made a commitment. Sometimes I had to fly in on the day of the show, completely jet-lagged and feeling like I had been hung by my ankles, and have to go on stage,” she said.
- Katy Perry's Racy Album Cover For 'Teenage Dream' Grabs Eyeballs - Jul 23, 2010
- Is Katy Perry in love again ? - Jan 30, 2012
- Katy Perry: Will She Mellow Down After Marriage? - Nov 17, 2010
- Brand feels responsibility towards Perry - Jul 24, 2012
- Katy Perry rubbishes divorce reports - Dec 02, 2011
- Perry has no regrets in life - Jun 27, 2012
- Perry excited for Adele - Aug 06, 2012
- Katy Perry banned men from nude video shoot - Jun 19, 2010
- Katy Perry announces North American 'California Dreams' tour - Jan 20, 2011
- Katy Perry dating French model - Mar 09, 2012
- Madonna inspires Katy Perry's 3D movie - Apr 09, 2012
- Perry's tour inspired perfume - Nov 05, 2011
- Russell, Perry divorcing over baby issue? - Jan 02, 2012
- Russell Brand files for divorce from Katy Perry - Dec 31, 2011
- Perry wants Brand back - Apr 18, 2012