Perry to take break from showbizJune 26th, 2012 - 4:31 am ICT by IANS
London, June 26 (IANS) Singer Katy Perry reportedly wants to step back from her career and take time to properly recover from the breakdown of her marriage to Russell Brand last year.
According to the Daily Mirror newspaper, the 27-year-old said: “I need to let my heart heal,” reports contactmusic.com
Perry spent much of her 14-month marriage on her world tour and has hinted that her career was one of the causes for the split.
“For a modern woman, it is important to be supported and that there is equality in every aspect,” she said.
She said she does not regret her failed relationship with Brand, 37.
“Everybody asks me if I regret something, they ask me if it’s going to be that one moment. Actually it’s really a lesson learned and it’s super valuable, I could not buy this lesson.
“And I apply it to my life, I learn and a lot of the time, I get really good material for my songs,” she said.
- Perry has no regrets in life - Jun 27, 2012
- Perry plans career break - Jun 30, 2012
- Pery blames Brand for split - Jul 06, 2012
- Katy Perry finds comfort in ex-boyfriend - Feb 05, 2012
- I had tough time last year: Katy Perry - Jun 09, 2012
- Katy Perry still believes in marriage - Jun 22, 2012
- Russell Brand is 'No.1 priority' for Katy Perry - Apr 09, 2011
- Perry denies dating Ackroyd - Jul 07, 2012
- Perry urges fans to avoid gossip - Jan 10, 2012
- Russell Brand still loves Katy - May 19, 2012
- Russell Brand files for divorce from Katy Perry - Dec 31, 2011
- Perry wants Brand back - Apr 18, 2012
- Russell, Perry divorcing over baby issue? - Jan 02, 2012
- Brand feels responsibility towards Perry - Jul 24, 2012
- Russell Brand dating again - Jan 27, 2012