Perry named artist of the yearMay 12th, 2012 - 6:02 am ICT by IANS
California, May 12 (IANS) Singer Katy Perry has been honoured with the artist of the year award at the Narm Music Business Association Awards.
The popstar was honoured for her stellar chart success over the last 12 months during the dinner at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza hotel Thursday, reports contactmusic.com.
“Katy’s music was absolutely everywhere over the past year, and her dominance of the singles charts is a nearly unprecedented accomplishment. She has unquestionably blossomed into a true global superstar and has earned this award in every sense of the word,” said Jim Donio, Narm President, who presented Perry with the prize.
It was also a big night for Lionel Richie, who received the prestigious Chairman’s Award for Sustained Creative Achievement.
- Taylor Swift named artist of the year - May 19, 2010
- Perry unveils new gothic look - May 13, 2012
- Lionel Richie to get humanitarian award - Dec 05, 2011
- Gaga wins maiden MTV Video Music Award - Aug 29, 2011
- Park Hyatt hotel opens in Hyderabad - Apr 27, 2012
- Richie doesn't fear criticism - Mar 12, 2012
- Adele wins Grammy for '21' - Feb 13, 2012
- Gaga wins Grammy - Feb 14, 2011
- Lionel Richie to perform at CMA Awards - Oct 27, 2011
- Katy Perry Finally Ties The Knot With Russell Brand - Oct 25, 2010
- MTV Video Music Awards nominees list out - Jul 21, 2011
- Katy Perry's mum shopping book about pop-star daughter - Mar 16, 2011
- Women are dominating pop charts: Rihanna - Jul 30, 2011
- Nicole Richie marries Joel Madden - with elephant in attendance - Dec 12, 2010
- John Wayne's personal items auctioned off - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: 12 months, association awards, business association, century plaza hotel, chart success, creative achievement, dominance, donio, global superstar, hyatt regency century plaza hotel, lionel richie, music business, narm, popstar, prestigious chairman, singles charts, unprecedented accomplishment