Perry grateful Brand free of heroin addictionJuly 26th, 2011 - 2:12 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 26 (IANS) Singer Katy Perry, who is sad at the death of Amy Winehouse, admits she is grateful that her husband Russell Brand overcame his heroin addiction.
Perry appreciates how the 36-year-old funnyman managed to stay sober for several years after being treated, reports contactmusic.com.
“My heart felt really sad. My husband, who has been clean and sober for almost nine years, you know, I see him working a programme and working on himself every single day. And I see how much work it takes to be clean and sober when you have, you know, addiction on your hands,” she said on TV show “Good Morning America”.
“It gave me a real gratefulness for my husband, who got clean when he was 27. I feel really sad and I just hope she (Winehouse) finds peace.”
- Perry, Brand hope to start charity - Dec 24, 2010
- Brand regrets not helping Winehouse - Aug 13, 2012
- Russell Brand files for divorce from Katy Perry - Dec 31, 2011
- Perry excited about space trip - Apr 03, 2011
- Katy Perry thanks fans for support - Jan 09, 2012
- Katy Perry given body boost by hubby - Nov 12, 2010
- Katy Perry wants to be wooed - Aug 02, 2012
- Katy disguises to avoid crowd - Mar 21, 2012
- Katy Perry's mother wants grandchildren - Feb 16, 2011
- Russell Brand deported from Japan - May 22, 2011
- Seal regrets not meeting Winehouse - Nov 06, 2011
- I had tough time last year: Katy Perry - Jun 09, 2012
- Amy was too young to die, says goddaughter - Jul 24, 2012
- Katy Perry and Russell Brand fight like a couple on brink of divorce - Jul 19, 2010
- Katy Perry And Russell Brand To Start Charity Foundation - Dec 24, 2010