Perry, Bieber ad banned in BritainJuly 20th, 2012 - 6:28 am ICT by IANS
London, July 20 (IANS) Commercials for a skincare brand featuring pop stars Katy Perry and Justin Bieber have been banned in Britain by the advertising watchdog.
The TV adverts have been taken off air over claims the British versions of the products do not contain the same ingredients as the American range
The brand has been endorsed by a number of other stars, including Elle Macpherson and Avril Lavigne, reports contactmusic.com.
The Advertising Standards Authority (Asa) said: “We noted the ads were targeted at a UK audience and that the UK Proactiv products had a different active ingredient to the US version.
“In that context, we therefore considered the claims of continued use had not been substantiated. We concluded that the ads were misleading. The ads must not appear again in their current form.”
- Rachel Weisz's L'oreal ad banned - Feb 02, 2012
- Sofa King advert banned by UK Advt Standards Agency - Mar 01, 2012
- TalkTalk UK's safest broadband ad banned - Jan 04, 2012
- Ryanair slammed for 'fun in the sun' ads that led to chilly destinations - Apr 27, 2011
- UK 's Advertising Standards Authority gets power to monitor website text - Mar 01, 2011
- ASDA reprimanded over price pledge - Feb 02, 2011
- Justin Bieber To Endorse Proactiv Products - Aug 10, 2010
- Stars Shine On The Red Carpet Of The American Music Awards - Nov 22, 2010
- Yves Saint Laurent perfume 'drug simulation' advert banned - Feb 02, 2011
- Justin Bieber Reveals Kanye West's Phone Phobia - Feb 09, 2011
- Julia Roberts' Lancome ad banned in Britain - Jul 27, 2011
- Coca Cola embroiled in 'dangerously misleading' water ad controversy - Feb 05, 2011
- Lavigne donates musical instruments to kids - Jun 28, 2012
- Littlewoods Facebook TV Christmas advert upsets parents - Nov 25, 2011
- Coke's 'health' drink 'too sweet to be nutritious' - Jan 19, 2011
Tags: active ingredient, advertising standards authority, asa, avril lavigne, britain london, british versions, commercials, elle macpherson, justin bieber, pop stars, proactiv, tv adverts, uk audience, watchdog