Perry accused of copying GagaApril 2nd, 2011 - 3:55 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 2 (IANS) Singer Katy Perry has been accused of copying pop star Lady Gaga in her sci-fi themed music video for “ET”.
Contactmusic.com reports that in the video the 25-year-old is depicted floating in space and is wearing heavy makeup to make her skin look blue and her features alien-like.
However, Gaga’s fans have taken to the micro-blogging site Twitter.com to complain that Perry’s new look is too similar to Gaga’s own recent sci-fi style, which includes prosthetics to make her face look robotic.
JessShuu wrote: “Katy Perry’s music video for ET is too Lady Gaga for my taste. Only Lady Gaga can pull off Lady Gaga.”
Meanwhile, LilohNOStitch said: “Katy perry is turning into Lady Gaga . I HATE the ET video. (sic).”
Even one of Perry’s fans agreed, posting: “I love Katy Perry more than Gaga but her ET video is very Gaga-ish. Unlike.”
- Perry's alien look for new single - Feb 17, 2011
- Gaga wins maiden MTV Video Music Award - Aug 29, 2011
- MTV Video Music Awards nominees list out - Jul 21, 2011
- Lady Gaga turns director for her new video - Mar 25, 2011
- Katy Perry talks about her grueling makeup session for E.T. video - Apr 01, 2011
- Katy Perry criticizes Lady Gaga's Alejandro video - Jun 10, 2010
- Katy Perry Or Lady Gaga: Who Is The Favorite For MTV EMAs? - Oct 26, 2010
- Glee: Darren Criss Says Katy Perry Is One Of His Many Fans - Dec 01, 2010
- Women are dominating pop charts: Rihanna - Jul 30, 2011
- Katy Perry Gets 17 Stitches After Fall - Jun 24, 2010
- Gaga highest earning female singer - Dec 15, 2011
- Cowell finds Gaga boring - Sep 28, 2011
- Katy Perry blasts Lady Gaga on Twitter - Jun 10, 2010
- Lady Gaga to premiere her 'You and I' video - Aug 17, 2011
- Gaga, Perry to pay tribute to Spears - Aug 18, 2011