Perez Hilton apologises to gay right groups over will.i.am outburstJune 24th, 2009 - 6:08 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 24 (ANI): Homosexual celebrity blogger Perez Hilton has apologised to gay rights organisations for using an anti-gay slur during his recent confrontation with Black Eyed Peas star Will.i.am.
The flamboyant blogger came under fire from leaders of The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) over the way he tackled a row with the hip-hop star.
Hilton alleged that he was left bleeding and in shock when will.i.am attacked him at an afterparty for the MuchMusic Awards in Toronto, Canada.
However, the star responded by insisting that there was no violence, and accused Hilton of branding him a “f**got” as they argued outside a nightclub.
Bosses at GLAAD were angered by Hilton’s choice of words, and said that his comments were “vulgar”.
Although the blogger initially refused to apologise to the organisation, he has now issued a statement reaching out to the gay community in regard to the incident.
“Words can hurt. I know that very well, from both sides of the fence. The other night in Toronto, after feeling physically threatened by a verbally abusive will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas, I chose the most hurtful word I know to hurl at him. I was in an out-of-the ordinary situation and used a word that I would not utter under normal circumstances,” Contactmusic quoted Hilton as saying.
He added: “I wanted to hurt him with the word I chose, not anyone else. Unfortunately, the one who got hurt was me and, subsequently, a lot of other people.” (ANI)
- Perez Hilton Getting Punched Videos Available Online - Jun 25, 2009
- Perez Hilton allegedly beaten bloody by will.i.am - Jun 24, 2009
- 50 Cent's derogatory remarks offend gay group - Sep 11, 2010
- Will.I.Am labels Perez Hilton a liar over assault claim - Jun 22, 2009
- Mickey Rourke blasted by gay rights activists over homophobic slur - Oct 10, 2009
- Black Eyed Peas to pay tribute to MJ - Sep 25, 2011
- Perez Hilton hit after mouthing off to Will.I.Am and then lies on Twitter - Jun 23, 2009
- Black Eyed Peas singer will.i.am injured while filming video - Oct 24, 2011
- Fergie not quitting Black Eyed Peas - Nov 10, 2011
- Black Eyed Peas manager apologizes for hitting celeb blogger Perez Hilton - Nov 20, 2009
- Will.i.Am learned from solo album failure - Dec 07, 2010
- Michael Jackson wanted to work with Cheryl Cole - Jan 10, 2011
- Cheryl Cole to work with David Guetta - Aug 19, 2011
- Perez Hilton Charges Molina With Attack - Jun 23, 2009
- Charges dropped against Black Eyed Peas manager Liborio Molina - Nov 18, 2009
Tags: afterparty, apologises, black eyed peas, blogger, choice of words, confrontation, fence, gay community, gay rights, gay slur, glaad, hip hop star, homosexual celebrity, hurtful word, june 24, lesbian alliance against defamation, night in toronto, outburst, perez hilton, toronto canada