People will love Nana in the film: Bobby DeolMarch 24th, 2009 - 9:55 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
After a long gap, Bobby Deol will be seen in a full fledged role in an action packed film with Ek- The Power Of One directed by Sangeet Sivan. The soft spoken Deol scion couldn’t hide his excitement while speaking to us about his upcoming film amongst many other things.
His Ek is being compared to Aamir’s Ghajini in terms of its action content but Bobby differs on it and says, “Well I guess apart from a few action scenes nothing is the same. Yes Ek is also the remake of a South film like Ghajini was hence it has the same kind of action. In fact Peter Haynes has done the action and he has done a lot of action in the South films that is why people tend to compare the two.” says Bobby.
There has also been a lot of buzz about him jumping off a high rise building and doing adrenalin rushing stunts in the film. “See action is the USP of the film. I enjoyed doing the action stunts. But then I have been doing a lot of action films. In fact my role in Dostana was very different. I had done a role with shades of comedy and people loved it.” Bobby says.
It is the first time Bobby shall be seen along side actor Nana Patekar who is famous for his whimsical ways on and off the screen. “Contrary to what is written about him, Nana is a very chilled out guy. I was pleasantly surprised when I came to know from him that he is a big fan of my father. He’s a talented and senior actor. He’s awesome in the film with shades of comedy to it. I am confident people will love Nana in the film” reveals Bobby.
About his Ek director Sangeet Sivan, Bobby tells us, “I have known Sangeet from a long time. He had done a film with Sunny long back. We had always wanted to work together but nothing materialized. I am also doing my second film with him now. It will be made on our home banner and is a father and son story. So naturally I will be acting with dad again in this film. It’s a light hearted film. This will be my second film with dad and I am looking forward working with him again.” says Bobby.
Bobby is doing yet another film papa Dharmendra and candidly admits he was nervous facing the camera with him for the first time during Apne. He adds, “Well that is because he has always been the major authority in our lives. He has done so many films but not anymore in fact I would love to work with him. We are a normal family though emotions run high in our family. Right now we are busy discussing and reading the script.”
Apart from these two films Bobby has not signed any other film. “Nothing exciting has come my way. I am waiting for it. I will be doing another film with Sameer Karnik but nothing has been finalized” Bobby concludes.
- 'Ek' is a raw action film like 'Ghajini', says Sivan - Mar 18, 2009
- Bobby Deol to star in two Sangeeth Sivan films - Feb 21, 2010
- I am Sunny's third son: Bobby Deol - Dec 24, 2010
- I submit to capable directors, otherwise I fight: Nana Patekar (Interview) - May 13, 2011
- Why Bobby Deol hates scary movies? - Apr 17, 2009
- Neil carries on working with broken finger - Feb 15, 2011
- There will be no one like my father, says Bobby Deol - Dec 23, 2010
- No more action films, vows Kareena Kapoor - Feb 07, 2012
- What secret does Neil keep from his dad? - Jul 25, 2010
- Nana Patekar - Now in a dude American look - Mar 18, 2009
- Deol trio, Priyanka Chopra to dazzle at IIFA Toronto - May 20, 2011
- Bobby Deol Says Yamla Pagla Deewana Will Bring Good Days For The Deols Again - Dec 29, 2010
- I need a younger person than Akshay Kumar: Sajid Khan - Aug 17, 2010
- After item number, it's daredevil stunts for Katrina - Feb 01, 2012
- I didn't mind playing hired killer for 'Ek': Bobby Deol - Mar 22, 2009
Tags: action films, bobby deol, buzz, comedy, contrary, dad, excitement, father and son, gap, ghajini, long gap, long time, nana patekar, peter haynes, sangeet, scion, shades, stunts, upcoming film, usp