People are tired of film promotion: Anil KapoorApril 16th, 2012 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 16 (IANS) Actor Anil Kapoor, who will soon be seen in Priyadarshan’s upcoming film “Tezz”, feels people are tired with excessive film promotions, and says he is glad “Tezz” isn’t a part of that rat race.
“People are tired now with so many promotions. The film should be good. There are so many films that are promoted on a large scale, but do not live up to the expectations,” the 52-year-old said here.
“I feel less is always more. In acting and promotion, I think it has to be done in a correct manner and I am very happy the way it is being done (for ‘Tezz’),” he added.
An action thriller, “Tezz” will see Anil in the role of an anti-terrorist squad police officer.
Talking further about his role, he said: “I’m playing the role of a police officer with a heart. I am an officer who is in the anti-terrorist squad and he is in England working since 20-25 years, However, he wants to go to his birthplace in Punjab and wants to take his kids there.”
“The department gives him a last case, which involves some Asians and Indians and a hijacked train, and asks him to solve it. So, that’s his mission.”
Slated for release April 27, “Tezz” also features Ajay Devgn, Kangna Ranaut, Sameera Reddy, Boman Irani and Zayed Khan. The film has a cameo by southern star Mohanlal.
Anil was last seen in a cameo in Hollywood actor Tom Cruise’s “Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.”
He is also working in “Shootout at Wadala” and “Race 2″, in both of which he will be seen as a police officer once again.
- Bollywood for newcomers, says Mohanlal - Apr 19, 2012
- I did 'Tezz' only for Priyan: Mohanlal - Apr 17, 2012
- Sameera is the hero of 'Tezz': Ajay Devgn (With Images) - Apr 15, 2012
- Two decades on, Ajay still wants to experiment - Apr 23, 2012
- Priyadarshan is very demanding: Zayed Khan - Apr 20, 2012
- I've no issues with Sameera Reddy: 'Tezz' producer - Apr 04, 2012
- Cops turn entertainers in Bollywood (Feature) - Jan 29, 2012
- 'Laila' wasn't for me: Sameera Reddy - Apr 21, 2012
- Good to maintain gap between similar films: Anil - Apr 23, 2012
- Eros to distribute 'Tezz' in India - Apr 14, 2012
- Watch 'Tezz' for fast paced action (IANS Preview) - Apr 24, 2012
- Ajay tells Anil who's 'Tezz' on F1 track - Apr 24, 2012
- Priyadarshan a wonderful director: Hollywood action expert (With Images) - Apr 18, 2012
- Today's actors refrain from women-oriented films: Anil Kapoor - Mar 05, 2012
- 'Tezz' makers in tizzy over work permits - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: action thriller, anil kapoor, asians, boman irani, cameo, correct manner, film promotion, hollywood actor, kangna ranaut, mission impossible, mohanlal, police officer, priyadarshan, punjab, rat race, sameera reddy, southern star, tom cruise, upcoming film, zayed khan