Penn to be honoured for charity work in HaitiJanuary 7th, 2011 - 2:58 pm ICT by IANS
London, Jan 7 (IANS) Veteran actor Sean Penn will be honoured by Producers Guild of America for his charity work in quake-hit Haiti.Contactmusic.com reports he will be honoured at the PGA’s annual awards ceremony, which will be held Jan 22 in Los Angeles.
The Oscar winner co-founded the J/P HRO Haitian Relief Organization in the wake of the January 2010 earthquake and has spent months in the Caribbean nation distributing food and medical supplies. He also helped in building schools and hospitals.
Penn also helped to provide temporary housing for an estimated 50,000 survivors left homeless by the tremors.
- Sean Penn honoured with Hollywood Humanitarian Award for helping Haiti - Sep 24, 2010
- Sean Penn's charity receives cash boost from Bill Clinton - Oct 09, 2010
- Sean Penn to be honoured for Haiti work - Sep 23, 2010
- Acting career seems like a dream: Sean Penn - Oct 17, 2011
- Sean Penn knighted in Haiti - Jul 15, 2010
- Shakira's Homage To Haiti - Apr 13, 2010
- Sean Penn praised for Haiti relief work - Jul 12, 2010
- Penelope's noble cause for Haiti victims - May 22, 2010
- Sean Penn joins Egyptian makeover efforts - Oct 02, 2011
- Naomi Campbell defers Haiti trip - Apr 05, 2010
- Sean Penn slams Wyclef Jean for stepping into Haiti's presidential race - Aug 07, 2010
- Colombian Pop Star, Shakira To Build School In Haiti - Apr 13, 2010
- Hollywood celebs aiding Haiti quake victims - Jan 15, 2010
- Actor Sean Penn "suspicious" of Wyclef Jean's run to become President of Haiti - Aug 07, 2010
- Lionel Richie to get humanitarian award - Dec 05, 2011
Tags: awards ceremony, caribbean nation, charity work, contactmusic, earthquake, haiti, hospitals, jan 7, london jan, medical supplies, oscar winner, pga, producers guild of america, quake, relief organization, sean penn, survivors, temporary housing, tremors, veteran actor