Penelope Cruz bags Best Supporting Actress gong at Goya awardsFebruary 3rd, 2009 - 2:13 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb 3 (ANI): Hollywood actress Penelope Cruz has walked away with a gong for Best Supporting Actress for Vicky Cristina Barcelona at Spains prestigious Goya awards.
Overwhelmed at receiving the gong, Cruz thanked director Woody Allen in her acceptance speech.
“I”ve always been a great fan of Woody Allen. Thank you Woody for believing in me,” the Daily Express quoted her as saying.
Puerto Rican star Del Toro walked away with the Best Actor award for his performance as Cuban revolutionary leader Che Guevara, in the biopic Che.
The best film award went to Camino, which tells the story of the Opus Dei religious order.
The picture garnered six awards, including Best Film, Best Director for Javier Fesser and Best Actress for Carme Elias. (ANI)
- Cruz to reunite with husband for thriller - Apr 22, 2012
- Penelope Cruz to star in next Woody Allen film - Jun 21, 2011
- Penelope Cruz Is Pregnant: Confirms Spokesperson - Sep 15, 2010
- Penelope is at ease with hypocondriac Woody around - Jul 02, 2012
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz will make 'great' parents: Woody Allen - Sep 16, 2010
- Penelope Cruz in Rome to work on Woody Allen film - Jul 08, 2011
- Actress Penelope Cruz confirms that she is pregnant! - Sep 15, 2010
- Penelope Cruz to make one or two films a year - Apr 11, 2012
- Acting in English movies tough for Cruz - Aug 14, 2012
- Penelope Cruz And Javier Bardem Expecting Their First Child - Sep 15, 2010
- Penelope Cruz back in Rome for film shoot - Oct 12, 2011
- Oscar like the best toy: Penelope Cruz - Jan 28, 2010
- Cruz to receive star on Walk Of Fame - Mar 29, 2011
- Penelope Cruz pregnant? - Aug 05, 2009
- Penelope Cruz four months pregnant? - Aug 06, 2009
Tags: acceptance speech, actor award, actress gong, actress penelope, best actress, best supporting actress, biopic, carme elias, che guevara, daily express, director woody, film award, goya awards, hollywood actress, london feb, opus dei, penelope cruz, religious order, revolutionary leader, woody allen