Penelope Cruz backs cancer charityJuly 21st, 2012 - 7:30 am ICT by IANS
London, July 21 (IANS) Actress Penelope Cruz will launch a special T-shirt range that will be sold at stores to help raise money for a women’s cancer research fund.
She will be photographed wearing the “Key to the cure T-shirt” that be sold in Saks Fifth Avenue stores.
The fund will help charities that are trying to find innovative methods to detect and better treat cancer.
“I am honoured to join the entertainment industry foundation’s women’s cancer research fund and Saks Fifth Avenue to raise awareness for women’s cancers.
“Cancer has affected each and every one of us in one way or another and I am thrilled to be involved with this wonderful cause,” contactmusic.com quoted the 38-year-old as saying.
Previous ambassadors for the annual initiative include Gwyneth Paltrow and Uma Thurman.
- Uma Thurman joins fight against breast cancer - Jun 15, 2010
- Lady Gaga designs T-shirt for Japan victims - Jun 24, 2011
- Scarlett Johansson loses out at Hugh Jackman shirt's auction - Dec 23, 2011
- Alicia Keys' charity event raises $2.4 mn - Oct 03, 2010
- Paltrow sells lemonade, cookies - Jul 08, 2011
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month Takes Off - Oct 06, 2010
- Penelope's noble cause for Haiti victims - May 22, 2010
- Peter Andre setting up cancer foundation - Jul 18, 2012
- Hudgens to auction award gown for charity - Jan 25, 2012
- Beyonce launches House Of Dereon in Britain - Sep 20, 2011
- Jackman raises $850,000 for charity - Dec 09, 2011
- Paltrow launches T-shirt, denim collection - Jul 09, 2012
- Winehouse's 'Back To Black' dress on auction - Nov 10, 2011
- Penelope Cruz wants to do movie musical - Apr 18, 2011
- Witherspoon campaigns against domestic violence - Mar 09, 2011
Tags: actress penelope, ambassadors, cancer charity, cancer research fund, cancers, charities, entertainment industry foundation, gwyneth paltrow, initiative, london, money, penelope cruz, saks, saks fifth avenue, t shirt, uma thurman