Pearl Jam to perform at Jay-Z’s festivalMay 23rd, 2012 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 22 (IANS) Rock band Pearl Jam and hip-hop star Drake are among the performers set to lead Jay-Z’s Made in America Festival, scheduled for September.
The members of Pearl Jam confirmed their involvement through a tweet: “Pearl Jam will officially be joining the line up for Jay Z’s first ever Made In America Festival.”
Jay-Z announced the first annual Budweiser Made in America event in partnership with Philadelphia Mayor MichaelA, reports contactmusic.com.
Also joining them are Skrillex, Afrojack, D’Angelo, Odd Future, Miike Snow and singer Santigold, who hails from the same city.
The official and complete roster, curated by Jay-Z, is expected to be unveiled Monday.
The festival, produced by Live Nation, will take place at Fairmount Park and a portion of the ticket sales will be donated to the charity organisations - United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey.
- Shakira signs deal with Jay-Z's firm - Feb 21, 2012
- Jay-Z teams with Pharrell for clothing line - Aug 05, 2011
- Jay Electronica Becomes The Latest Member Of Jay-Z's Roc Nation Label - Nov 14, 2010
- Jay-Z, Beyonce upset with Kardashian - Sep 02, 2012
- Mr. Hudson Joins Jay-Z In "Saturday Night Live" - May 10, 2010
- Jay-Z's NY gig cancelled amid security concerns - Jun 19, 2010
- Hip hop has become mellow: Jay-Z - Oct 02, 2011
- Obama 'listens to hip hop while in the gym', reveals Jay-Z - Feb 19, 2010
- 50 Cent On Kanye West And Jay-Z Joint Venture - Jan 18, 2011
- Cheryl Cole to be mentored by Jay-Z for US break - Nov 17, 2009
- Beyonce upset with attention seeker Kim Kardashian - Sep 07, 2012
- Footballer Ashley Cole plans to make music - May 02, 2011
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- P. Diddy 'wealthiest artist in hip-hop' - Mar 11, 2011
- Jay-Z draws up retirement plans - Aug 30, 2010
Tags: band pearl jam, budweiser, charity organisations, curated, d angelo, drake, fairmount park, greater philadelphia, hip hop star, jay z, live nation, michaela, partnership, pearl jam, philadelphia mayor, rock band, ticket sales, tweet, united way