Peaches Geldof’s marriage was a ‘publicity stunt’, admits ex-hubbyJune 11th, 2009 - 5:40 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 11 (ANI): Peaches Geldof’s ex-husband Max Drummey has confessed that their whirlwind Las Vegas marriage was a “publicity stunt”.
The Chester French rocker, who wed Peaches in Las Vegas last year after dating her for just a month, has admitted that the pair got married to boost their celebrity status.
“It was totally a publicity stunt - 100 per cent. I’m glad we got married. I’ve garnered so much amazing publicity from awesome people,” Contactmusic quoted him as saying on website MailOnline.
He has even claimed that he is still making money from the marriage.
Max has also said that he stays in contact with 20-year-old Peaches as that it keeps him in the public spotlight.
The musician said: “I have her on retainer. Not as my PR, as my friend. On my personal payroll. She’s my friend for money. She also orchestrates publicity stunts for me.”
The couple tied the knot at Las Vegas’ Little White Chapel last August, and got separated just after six months. (ANI)
- Peaches Geldof engaged to rocker Thomas Cohen - Dec 12, 2011
- Two years after split, Drummey files for divorce from Geldof - Apr 23, 2011
- Peaches Geldof's girl-on-girl lip-lock caught on camera - Jun 15, 2009
- Peaches Geldof gets engaged again - Dec 12, 2011
- Peaches Geldof, Max Drummey getting divorced after 186 days of marriage - Feb 08, 2009
- Peaches Geldofs lonely NYE without hubby - Jan 06, 2009
- Peaches Geldof doesn't regret her short-lived marriage to Max Drummey - Mar 31, 2009
- Peaches Geldof accused of wedding ''stunt'' to boost boyfriend''s band - Aug 18, 2008
- Bob Geldof meets son-in-law Max Drummey four months after marriage - Dec 01, 2008
- Peaches Geldof battling to save marriage - Nov 10, 2008
- Peaches Geldof dismisses second marriage rumours - Jul 31, 2010
- Peaches Geldof to wed for second time at the age of 21 - Jul 30, 2010
- Peaches Geldof wants to marry X Factor's Edward Grimes - Nov 03, 2009
- Peaches Geldof''s new hubby "terrified" of meeting dad-in-law - Aug 17, 2008
- Peaches Geldof, Max Drummey split - Feb 08, 2009
Tags: celebrity status, hubby, husband max, knot, las vegas little white chapel, little white chapel, mailonline, making money, marriage, musician, payroll, peaches, public spotlight, publicity stunt, publicity stunts, retainer, six months, whirlwind