Pazhassi Raja - The First Malayalam Film In Blu-RayJune 19th, 2010 - 3:14 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
June 19, 2010 (Sampurn Wire): The movie Pazhassi Raja starring superstar Mammootty, has become the first ever Malayalam movie to come out in the Blu-Ray format.
The market leader of DVD and CDs, Moser Baer, has brought out the Malayalm movie in Blue-Ray format. On June 17, a function was organized for this at Gokulam Park in Cochin. It was attended by the Kerala Film Producers Association’s president Sabu Cherian, Actor Mammootty and G Dhananjayan of Moserbaer.
Kerala has more Blu-Ray players compared to the other Southern states because of its Gulf connection. The Bule-Ray format of Pazhassi Raja is going to create a craze for Malayalam movies in that format.
Mammootty is known to be a gizmo freak, who has always brought the latest technologies to the state and made it popular. Blue-Ray is just another addition.
Moser Baer has purchased the home video rights in all formats of the movie in exchange for a huge amount.
Pazhassi Raja is the story of Prince, who led the battle against the British rule in Kerala. Renowned music director Illayaraja has composed music for the film, which also stars Sharath Kumar, Manoj K Jayan, Padmapriya, Kaniha and Suresh Krishna.
Rananath Sheety and Venu have shown a mind blowing camerawork. Ravi Dewan’s action direction in association with splendid costumes and art direction by N Muthuraj, makes it a hit movie.
– Sampurn Wire
- Moser Baer acquires rights over 'Pazhassi Raja' home video - Nov 23, 2009
- ASDA offers blue-ray player for just £40 - Nov 17, 2011
- Pazhassi Raja rights go to Moser Baer - Nov 24, 2009
- Pazhassi Raja's rights being bought one by one - Nov 28, 2009
- 'Pazhassi Raja' Selected At Fukuoka Film Festival - Sep 01, 2010
- 'Kutty Srank' Bags Best Film In National Awards - Sep 17, 2010
- 'E.T. The Extra Terrestrial' in digital avatar - Jun 01, 2012
- 'Pazhassi Raja' will be an event in film history: Mammootty - Oct 11, 2009
- Mammootty's 'Pazhassi Raja' to be released on Gandhi's birth anniversary - Sep 09, 2009
- 'Jurassic Park' to hit theatres again - Aug 29, 2011
- Yash Raj Films goes Blue-ray with 11 films - Dec 22, 2009
- Censor formalities for Pazhassi Raja done - Sep 07, 2009
- Padmapriya the Militant - Aug 17, 2009
- An insight to Kaniha - Jan 09, 2010
- Kamal Haasan Likely To Have A Second Innings In The Malayalam Film World With Gokulam Films - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: art direction, blu ray players, blue ray, cherian, cochin, film producers, illayaraja, kaniha, kerala film, malayalam film, malayalam movies, mammootty, manoj k jayan, moser baer, music director, producers association, renowned music, sabu, suresh krishna, video rights