Paying Guests sees Mukta Arts coming together with Times MusicApril 25th, 2009 - 2:52 am ICT by Sampurn Wire
Mukta Music- a division of Mukta Arts Ltd and Times Music have entered into a deal to manufacture and distribute the audio track of their musical comedy Paying Guests with all physical and non physical rights. The film marks the directorial debut of popular playwriter-director Paritosh Painter.
Mukta Arts head honcho, Subhash Ghai about this tie up says, “We are dealing with Times Music for the first time with full faith and confidence and both of us are planning a unique strategy for marketing the music of the film by sending a right dose of paid TV promos just before the release of the film. Producers usually go overboard spending so much money in competition on paid TV promos without realizing the old known truth that only products work- aggressive marketing can irritate the audience- showing too much of visuals on TV diminishes the charm of the song on the big screen. I am fully confident of the film Paying Guest to be a big block buster as well as its music by Sajid Wajid.”
Times Music CEO, Adarsh Gupta about this development states, “Its indeed a great deal to have a music for the last 30 yrs and we are very glad to be associated with Mukta Arts Ltd with our first audio track of Paying Guests. I have heard the songs composed by Sajid Wajid and we all are sure that this album is going to rock, particularly two songs- jack n Jill and we are the best-paying guests.”
Paying Guest is comedy that revolves around four young fun loving boys, begin on a crazy house hunt which takes them through a series of ultra comical hurdles in a bid to find that one roof that can tolerate and shelter their combined problems. However, their quest for the roof takes a different toll when they come across a crazy landlord Ballu and his hilarious wife played by Johny Lever and Delnaaz Paul, who has a condition that they will rent their house only to married couple. This triggers a series of confusions that builds into the rich complexities of mistaken identities and a climax of comic wizardries.
This Mukta Arts Production film stars Shreyas Talpade, Aashish Choudhary, Jaaved Jafferi and Vatsal Sheth, Celina Jaitly, Neha Dhupia, Riya Sen, Sayali Bhagat, Chunky Pandey, Asrani and Paintal.
- Paritosh Painter's Paying Guest now coming on 19th June - Jun 07, 2009
- Paying Guests sets Box Office bells ringing for Mukta Arts - Jun 24, 2009
- 'Housefull 2' packed with dirty dozen, laughter (IANS Preview) - Apr 02, 2012
- Wajid becomes a father second time around - Apr 26, 2011
- Ajay Devgn's 'Himmatwala' set for Holi release (With Images) - Aug 10, 2012
- Kunal Kohli apes late Vijay Anand's style in 'Uff' - Jun 06, 2012
- Movie Review: Paying Guests (2009) - Jun 19, 2009
- 'Office Office' takes a leap, goes to big screen - Jun 24, 2011
- Sanjay promises fun as clumsy cop with 'Chatur Singh...' (IANS Preview) - Aug 17, 2011
- 'Housefull 2' teaser likely to be out during World Cup - Feb 27, 2011
- 'Rowdy Rathore' soundtrack disenchanting (IANS music review) - May 05, 2012
- We've borrowed 'Rowdy Rathore' music from original: Wajid - May 04, 2012
- 'Teri Meri Kahaani' beautifully captures three eras (IANS Music Review) - Jun 01, 2012
- Get a taste of romance, action with 'Ek Tha Tiger' soundtrack (IANS Music Review) - Jul 28, 2012
- Awards for Indian comic artists announced - Sep 09, 2011
Tags: adarsh, aggressive marketing, ballu, block buster, confusions, crazy house, directorial debut, film producers, ghai, gupta, head honcho, jack n jill, johny lever, married couple, mukta arts ltd, musical comedy, paying guest, sajid wajid, times music, two songs