Pawan Shankar prefers to be centre of attention (With Image)July 5th, 2012 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 5 (IANS) Actor Pawan Shankar has his priorities set and says he accepts only those TV shows in which he gets to play central character.
“I choose the shows where I am the centre of attention. I choose the show that way. If the show revolves around me, I take up the show. If the attention is not paid on me, it is very difficult to accept such roles. In between, I did two-three shows which I did not enjoy very quickly,” Pawan told IANS.
He played a lawyer in “Siddhant”, a taxi driver in “Vicky Ki Taxi”, and currently he is seen in Sony’s “Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada” as Pradeep who is involved in an extra-marital affair.
Pawan agrees that it has grey shades, but viewers think otherwise.
“People are still not considering it negative because they are thinking that man has an affair but he has a good heart and that’s because of the circumstance and other women, he got carried away. I have moved to the grey role,” he said.
Asked if the track of “Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada” is moving towards a predictable plot by showing an extra-marital affair, Pawan said the idea was always to show the extra-marital affair in the show.
“Well, it was always on extra-marital affair but the bonding between the couple had to be shown so that audience can feel the pain of seeing Pradeep and Mona separate. So, that was the theme,” he said.
“We are trying to be different than other shows, we are trying to stay close to reality. My character made it official that he has a girlfriend, but in many families people do not make it official, but the situations and the circumstances are the same,” he added.
- No godfather, only talent works: TV actor Pawan Shankar - Jan 29, 2012
- Small screen apes big; creativity down the tube - Jul 07, 2012
- I want to inspire women, says Mona Singh - Jun 23, 2012
- Pawan Shankar's litti-chokha treat on sets (TV Snippets) (With Images) - Jun 22, 2012
- How to revive romance in marriage? Take tips from experts! - Feb 12, 2012
- Life beyond telly: Actors in alternate businesses (Feature) - May 14, 2012
- Bharti Achrekar enters 'Meri Maa' (TV Snippets) - Feb 08, 2012
- Rucha Gujarathi to enter 'Beend Banunga Ghodi...' - Sep 02, 2011
- Mouli, a shopaholic (TV Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Mona Singh loves rain! (TV Snippets) - Jul 12, 2012
- Love your bahus, say telly moms-in-law - May 10, 2012
- No dieting for Narayani (TV Snippets) - Apr 12, 2012
- Don't want to change my bubbly image: Delnaaz Paul - Sep 07, 2012
- No more puppy love, romance matures on telly - Mar 05, 2012
- Films are like vacation for me: Ekta Kapoor - Jan 19, 2012
Tags: central character, centre of attention, circumstance, circumstances, extra marital affair, girlfriend, good heart, grey shades, ki, kyaa, lawyer, mona, New Delhi, pradeep, priorities, shankar, taxi driver, tera, vaada, vicky