Pavarotti’s widow is suffering from multiple sclerosisNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:50 am ICT by admin
Chi magazine made the revelation after an interview with Dr Franca Corfini Strata, the wife of Pavarotti’s dietician. Luciano and Nicoletta told us together one day, when we were staying with them,” Telegraph quoted her, as telling ‘Chi’.
The magazine said the treatment had been extremely costly and this could be the reason for Pavarotti’s debts of 12 million pounds with a local bank at the time of his death.
Multiple sclerosis causes weakness, muscle spasms, and difficulty in speaking, swallowing, seeing and acute pain.
However, according to Mantovani’s pals she is suffering from relatively mild symptoms of the disease and is able to lead a normal life.
Mantovani, 37, has been treated for the disease at the Multiple Sclerosis Research Centre in New York for the last two years.
Mantovani’s rep was unwilling to comment on the magazine. (ANI)
- Pavarotti's widow wants a museum for him - Oct 13, 2010
- Luciano Pavarotti 'kept daughter by his side on deathbed' - Jan 17, 2010
- Italian singer dies while on tour - Mar 02, 2012
- Tenors join hands to honour Pavarotti at Petra - Oct 14, 2008
- Australia's most famous opera singer, Dame Joan Sutherland, dies aged 83 - Oct 12, 2010
- Viagra reverses nerve disease: Study - May 22, 2011
- Pavarotti's widow slams 'unseemly' Italian media gossip - Nov 14, 2007
- Endurance tests can detect nerve disease early - Jan 27, 2012
- Pavarotti's widow sues his pals for defamation - Nov 27, 2007
- Pavarottis widow collects award on his behalf - Nov 15, 2007
- Blocking protein could halt debilitating brain disease - Apr 30, 2012
- Tenors to grace Classical Brit Awards in London - Mar 19, 2009
- Saffron may help protect brain cells from lasting damage - Nov 07, 2011
- White House gatecrasher Michaele Salahi has Multiple Sclerosis - Sep 16, 2010
- Britain's Got Talent star Faryl Smith duets with Luciano Pavarotti - Oct 23, 2009
Tags: acute pain, chi magazine, dietician, franca, italian magazine, lead a normal life, local bank, luciano, mantovmultiple sclerosis causes, multiple sclerosis research, muscle spasms, nervous system disease, nicoletta, pavarotti, she is suffering, strata