Pavarottis widow collects award on his behalfNovember 15th, 2007 - 6:05 pm ICT by admin
London , Nov15 (ANI): The widow of Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti has received the Excellence in Italian Culture Prize on the late opera singers behalf.
Pavarotti was honoured with the award for his contribution of Italian operas shortly after his death.
The newly created award by the Culture Ministry, honours the artist’s work promoting Italian culture in his country and abroad.
Nicoletta Mantovani received the award on behalf of her husband in Pavarotti’s hometown Modena .
“Luciano knew about this prize and was very happy about it,” the Daily Snack quoted her, as saying.
“It is nice to gather here to remember him. I’m sure Luciano is smiling at us from up above.”
Pavarotti who suffered from pancreative cancer passed away on September 6.
The 71-year-old tenor was considered the biggest opera star of the late 20th century, whose showmanship and powerful voice made him the most beloved tenor after Caruso and one of the few opera singers to win crossover fame as a popular star.
In his entire career span Luciano Pavarotti performed at the greatest opera houses around the world.
He was also adored by pop fans for his hearty renditions of popular songs and his collaborations with singers such as Bono and Elton John. (ANI)
- Pavarotti's widow wants a museum for him - Oct 13, 2010
- Italian singer dies while on tour - Mar 02, 2012
- Luciano Pavarotti 'kept daughter by his side on deathbed' - Jan 17, 2010
- Tenors join hands to honour Pavarotti at Petra - Oct 14, 2008
- Australia's most famous opera singer, Dame Joan Sutherland, dies aged 83 - Oct 12, 2010
- Placido Domingo Bags Person Of The Year Award In 2010 Latin Grammy - Nov 12, 2010
- Tenor Jose Carreras announces retirement from opera - May 08, 2009
- Pavarotti's widow sues his pals for defamation - Nov 27, 2007
- Tenors to grace Classical Brit Awards in London - Mar 19, 2009
- Classic Italian opera in Indian avatar - Nov 10, 2011
- Tenor Placido Domingo wins opera gong - Oct 15, 2009
- Sir Elton John to perform at archaeological site of Chichen Itza in Mexico - Jan 26, 2010
- Elton John to perform at Mayan ruins - Jan 26, 2010
- Italian music conductor Riccardo Muti wins $1m Birgit Nilsson Prize - Mar 17, 2011
- George Michael sings for Elton John's charity - Nov 08, 2011
Tags: career span, culture ministry, culture prize, houses around the world, italian operas, italian tenor, luciano pavarotti, nicoletta mantovitalian culture, opera houses, opera singers, opera star, pop fans, powerful voice, renditions, showmanship