Pavarotti’sNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:38 am ICT by admin
Lawyers for the two sides are now looking into his bank accounts.
When the famous singer died last month, his fortune was estimated to be in excess of 200 million pounds.
However, respected Italian daily La Repubblica published bank statements that showed that Pavarotti had a 7million pounds overdraft at the Monte dei Paschi di Siena bank in Bologna.
The paper also showed that he owed more than 5million pounds in mortgage payments.
Notary official Giorgio Cariani said that they had just begun to take inventory of the tenor’s assets.
“We are just at the beginning of the inventory,” the Daily Mail quoted him, as saying.
“The paperwork we have gone through is only a small part and it will take us several weeks yet to complete the work.”
Giorgio Bernini, Miss Mantovani’s lawyer, said: “The fact that the maestro had debts is no secret to anyone. In the final years of his life he cut back on his performances and he also had very expensive hospital bills to pay.”
Fabrizo Corsini, the lawyer representing Pavarotti’s daughters, said: “We never imagined Pavarotti would owe so much… We have received the paperwork and we are going through it with a fine toothcomb to see what exactly he had or didn’t have.” (ANI)
- Pavarotti's widow wants a museum for him - Oct 13, 2010
- Pavarotti left behind PS7m debt - and a chunk of real estate - Mar 03, 2008
- Cops raid world's oldest bank - May 09, 2012
- Luciano Pavarotti 'kept daughter by his side on deathbed' - Jan 17, 2010
- Woman accuses SBI officers of stealing jewellery from locker - May 10, 2011
- Pavarotti's widow is suffering from multiple sclerosis - Nov 14, 2007
- Berlusconi admits paying girls to attend sex parties - Apr 13, 2012
- Pavarotti's widow sues his pals for defamation - Nov 27, 2007
- Mario Monti becomes Italy's interim Prime Minister - Nov 14, 2011
- Tenors join hands to honour Pavarotti at Petra - Oct 14, 2008
- Italian singer dies while on tour - Mar 02, 2012
- Prince Andrew engulfed in new 'cash-for-favours' row - Mar 13, 2011
- Murdered Brit-Indian woman's hubby Dewani in 6.25 million pounds debt - Nov 20, 2010
- Overdraft bank charges soar to 19% - Dec 08, 2010
- Debt ridden Man U under 'zero' pressure to sell Rooney - Oct 09, 2010
Tags: bank statements, bernini, complete the work, famous singer, hospital bills, la repubblica, lawyer, mail, monte dei paschi, mortgage payments, nicoletta mantovmonte dei paschi di siena, overdraft, paperwork, paschi di siena, pavarotti, second wife, take inventory, three daughters