Paula Abdul To Make A Comeback on “American Idol”? Doesn’t Seem SoAugust 6th, 2010 - 8:19 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Aug 6, (THAINDIAN NEWS) All the fans of much acclaimed musical artist Paula Abdul have been pitching their hopes high after producer Nigel Lythgoe revealed that he would welcome the singer on the judges table of the popular singing competition series on Fox “American Idol” once again. However, it seems unlikely that the ardent followers of the singer would witness her evaluating the musical talents of the contestants of the Fox show as Paula Abdul has already signed a deal with the CBS network.
An insider who is well aware of the contract that has materialized between CBS and the singer, has revealed to the media that Paula Abdul is prohibited from making any appearance in any other network which includes both broadcast as well as cable networks. At the same time, the source has also stated that the seven-figure deal was signed by the former “American Idol” judge in spring when it had been announced that she would associated with the American edition of U.K.’s “Got To Dance” both as a judge as well as an executive producer. Given the circumstances, it’s a known fact that if Paula Abdul decides to make a comeback on “American Idol,” she can might have to face legal actions from the CBS officials.
Meanwhile, it has also been reported that the contract that Paula Abdul has signed with CBS spans across five years which means that the 48-year-old record producer is bound exclusively to the network. Nevertheless, the insider has pointed out that the only way by which her fans can see her returning on “American Idol” would be if CBS decides to modify the deal.
- Paula Abdul Cannot Return to Idol Under 'CBS' Contract - Aug 06, 2010
- Nigel Lythgoe Comes Back To 'American Idol' Seeking The Return Of Paula Abdul - Aug 06, 2010
- Lopez threw no diva tantrums: 'American Idol' producer - Aug 15, 2010
- Jennifer Lopez Considered To Be "American Idol" Judge Frontrunner - Aug 07, 2010
- American Idol producer wants Paula Abdul back on the show - Aug 06, 2010
- Paula Abdul Returns As Reality Dance Judge - Jan 06, 2011
- Actor Charlie Sheen is 'up for American Idol' - Jul 11, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez to return as judge on American Idol - Aug 11, 2011
- Paula Abdul To Don Multiple Hats For CBS Reality Show! - May 27, 2010
- "American Idol" Sacks Kara DioGuardi? - Jul 31, 2010
- Paula Abdul To Judge A CBS Dance Show - May 25, 2010
- Cheryl Cole to quit UK 'X Factor' for US version - Apr 13, 2011
- American Idol Judge's Panel to be released Wednesday - Sep 20, 2010
- Is Justin Timberlake going to replace Simon Cowell on the American Idol? - Jul 28, 2010
- New options open up for Paula Abdul - Aug 07, 2009
Tags: american idol, appearance, broadcast, cable networks, cbs, cbs network, circumstances, competition series, executive producer, followers, gina gomez, insider, known fact, legal actions, musical artist, musical talents, Nigel Lythgoe, paula abdul, record producer, singing competition